Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian Stone

What is everyone using to undermount non-integral sinks to solid surface? Right now we’re using the Chemical Concepts no drill fasteners. The glue can take a while to set on those though and it’s even worse over the winter when the tops can be cold.

What other systems are out there that you think are better?

Tom M

That’s mostly what we use. In the case of kitchen sinks that are the heavy porcelain or cast we will build a frame (though I keep saying we’re switching to the sink frame systems out there).

David Jones

just used squirrells today  for the first time for an undermount sink ,great job too.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We build a wood frame for the cast iron, kitchen sinks. For vanity sinks and stainless sinks we use brass inserts (10/32) with washers, screws and wing nuts.

Try this link at Bruce Adhesives. They have all the different components. http://bruceadhesives.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_1259

Brian:

You didn’t say what type of adhesive you use to set the mesh studs.

On my sink-falling-out-of-granite jobs, I’ve had great success with these. It takes a job or two to get the hang of ’em.

Joe

Brian Stone

We use the #605 fast set acrylic that also comes from Chemical Concepts.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Those look scary Joe. I am not doubting they work, just look real cumbersome. I would question the ability to use on a cast iron.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.