Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Being very new and trying to get my footings, I have a question that seems obvious, but wanted to ask anyway.
    I see a lot of SS bathroom vanities with a typical bowl. The vanity has quite a lip that goes out over the sink, 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I have not found a bit that leaves that much of a lip. Can I assume that it was cut out prior to mounting the sink? Or is there a bit out there that I am missing??

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

You should make a template that is standard for all 16×13 sinks like the Kohler 2210. Because the sinks are not a true oval the overhang is going to vary as you feel around the sink.

Do not follow the bowl with a bearing on a porcelain bowl. The cutout will look like absolute crap.

Again, make a perfect oval based on the template. The template will not have enough overhang to make it look good. I would suggest adding about a 1/4″?

Don’t worry about if you think a question is stupid. We have all had these questions. We are here to help.

Hope all that makes sense,

Andy

Thanks Andy.
    I figure if I need to ask it, maybe someone else at my level needed to ask it also.

I figured the template was the process, but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing a super bit out there.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

You can actually use the sink as a temp on some sinks but you need to apply tape around where the bearing will ride. Also, it is best to use a 1/4″ mdf so there is no resistance when doing the cutout. Then use the mdf to cutout the solid surface.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.