Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Matt Kraft

Those of you that are Silestone fabricators…..

What has been happening to the price of slabs? Have their been a couple of price increases this year? We have people in our market that buy direct from Cosentino and also from a distributor, and just trying to make sense of what might be happening.

Thanks for any info you can share. I don’t care to know square foot pricing or per slab pricing, just what % increase you have taken, if any.

KCWOOD

Matt,, I just sub the Silestone out, I am still using a 5-’05 price list. The only increase has been the over 40 miles trip charge has gone from $1.00 per mile to 1.40 per mile.

Matt Kraft

Nobody here buys Silestone by the slab??

Bueller? Bueller?

C’mon guys, I need a little help.

Shane Barker

Matt,

We sub out our quartz work as well and I just got a price on per foot for fabrication and it was about 30% less than the other brands we sell from another company. I do have the slab prices as well but nothing to compare them too. Sorry that’s all I got.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I sub it out also.

KCWOOD

Matt, I should have an answer tomorrow on the percent increase per slab…kc

Tom M

Hmmm,

Last I knew, only a fabricator at least partially owned by Cosentino could acquire the material to fabricate. We sub all ours out as well.

Tom

We sub out our Silestone jobs as well. In my neck of the woods it tends to be around 15% higher than other brands. We did notice an increase of 10% last year from the fabricator stating the reason was a slab increase, but I thought is was because at that time they just picked a large box store which gave them a huge amount of business. Needless to say, us little guys got put on the end of the schedule and if they were running short on material we waited till the next container. Since then we use other materials much more often.

John

Matt Kraft

Tom M wrote

Hmmm,

Last I knew, only a fabricator at least partially owned by Cosentino could acquire the material to fabricate. We sub all ours out as well.

Tom

Not true. There are many factory stores, but also lots and lots of fabricators that purchase material through distributors, such as North Star Surfaces here in the Midwest. There is even a shop here in St Louis that imports containers directly from Spain, as they were fabricating before Cosentino’s relationship with North Star existed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.