Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Silestone and LEED ?

http://www.silestoneusa.com/trade/LEEDcertification.cfm

I thought I would post this to initiate some discussion and see what youse think about this ad….

first of all its LEED not LEEDS…already pointed it out to them , then 500 miles for fabrication gets ya a point…ah i dont know about that???keep in mind its for MFG of the material..not fabrication friends…but who knows I could be wrong

this ad could get ya in some trouble if you sign on to guarantee an owner all the points available, if you fabricate silestone across the street from a potential LEED building you will not get that point.never mind within 500 miles..unless you grease the commissionerwit some cash…they want us to use materials harvested,reclaimed or MFG’d within 500 miles…in Florida I can never get that point anyway….second they might want to see some sort or certification as to see if the recycled content is accurate as to a third party, not just the owners of the company saying it…

i do offer silestone because it got the Greengaurd Certification IAQ which could get ya a point…just to point out they did get the Greengaurd certification, because they know just saying it is approved for schools and children usage for Indoor air quality doesnt make it Greengaurd til they get the third party certification, hope they get it for the recycled content soon..it might be easier to get thru the LEED registration process….

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

This may be a perfect example of Green Washing:

Be careful of Greenwashing – Greenwash is a term that is used to describe the act of misleading consumers regarding the environmental practices of a company or the environmental benefits of a product or service. The term “Green Sheen” has similarly been used to describe organizations which attempt to appear that they are adopting practices beneficial to the environment.

Too many companies are jumping on the bandwagon and claiming they have a product that is green. It dilutes the validity of companies with real GREEEN products.

Wags

Gene, Hi Macs is made in Ga, is that not within the 500 miles from you ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.