Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    CJSTONE

Good  morning.

I was just reading Glue Warehouse press release in the news section and
    am questioning the announcement.  After looking at their MSDS and
    Greenguard certificate on their website, I notice that their glue is now
    made by ITW, as it used to be made by IPS.  So it seems to me that this
    is a simple supplier change, far from what they call the result of
    “Research and Development” work…   As for this glue working better with Granite and Quartz Surfaces, isn`t the ITW adhesive just a basic Solid Surface glue?

I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on the above.I do alot of Quartz installations and would not feel comfortable using a Solid SUrface Product

Chris

Ray Aleksic

Hi Chris,

Great Question.

The adhesive is our formula and exclusive to Glue Warehouse. The adhesive has been optimized and tested to work on SS, Quartz, Granite and many additional substrates.

This is far from a simple supplier change it is the work of many years testing and knowledge.

I see you are new at the Fabnet, welcome. If you care to discuss this further we can be reached at 877-595-4583.

Ray

Andy Graves
    Keymaster
    Hey Chris,

We have used Seam-It along with Integra, and others for some time. Seam-It works great with natural stone and quartz products without issue.

I do believe the Seam-It is made by ITW. ITW works on granite, solid surface and quartz as stated on their website:

Plexus Surfacing Adhesives produce tough, virtually invisible bonds on a variety of surfacing materials including cast polymers, acrylics, polyester blends, engineered and natural stone. They are ideal for fabricating countertops, bathroom vanities, wall panels, and other surfaces.

I think you will be fine using the Seam-It with stone products. I think they will send you out a free sample. Just give them a call.
    CJSTONE

Thanks for your answers Ray and Andy.

So if the Plexus glue made by ITW works for Quartz and Natural Stone, which is news to me, what is unique about Seam-It version of ITW`s glue then?

Chris

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Hey Chris,

Not sure exactly what the new formula is to be honest.

Do you own a stone shop or do you just do solid surface?

Chris Yaughn

I am not that familiar , but I am going to go out on a limb and say that ITW is a manufacturer?

They probably produce adhesives for many different clients, based on the individual clients recipes.

Coca-Cola makes Sprite and Powerade. Both soft drinks.   But they aren’t interchangeable.

CJSTONE

Andy, to answer your question, I am a kitchen top installer, mainly working with natural stone and Quartz, and occasionally Solid Surface.

I am still curious to know why I should use Seam-it over Plexus… I just want to use the best stuff out there.

Chris

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Most of us buy adhesive from someone that we feel comfortable buying. I purchase from multiple sources. The most important thing is does the company you deal with stand behind their product.

Guess everyone has a different opinion of what makes a good supplier. You will have to decide for yourself.

What is your company name or do you have a website, just curious?

CJSTONE

So I have finally gone ahead and ordered a couple of tubes from Seam-It. I`ll see how it goes!

I was still hoping Ray would answer my question as to what is unique about Seam-It version of ITW`s glue, for my and everyone benefit.

Ray Aleksic

Hi Chris,

The product is quite different but here are a couple that you will notice.

Seam-it is 30000 cps and Plexus is 22000 cps, this means it is more Thixotropic for Stone and Quartz applications.

Seam-it developed their own colors for Stone, Quartz and Solid Surface. We worked hard to make our colors match more products. Each sample (1000+) was cut, glued and finished then inspected for approval.

The chemistry is different as well, We do not talk about chemistry on an open forum but my offer still stands to call you or you can call us anytime.

Thanks for the order yesterday. If you like the product and would like to re-order be sure to log into an account as you will save money.

Ray

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.