Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

i can not get my quik cad program to read your dxf files. i found what i was looking for under user dxf files but when i down loaded it it came out 170 inches long. how do i scale that down or how can i get your files to be read by my quik cad software?

Seth Emery

Is the file possibly in metric units? If so, scale by 10/254 and see if the cutout then matches the template.

Hope this helps,
    Seth

i understand it may be scaled in a metric form, but when i bring it up on quik cad it tell s me that the measuerement that is suppose to be 35.062 inches is 850 inches and the other measurements i wrote down from the tech sheet at blanco are hundreds of inches bigger also. if i take the smaller number and dived it by the larger number i get a decimal number that should be the same but they are not. so i am thinking that the original picture i am triing to scale down isw not to scale or my tech sheet was wrong

Seth Emery

What is the sink model? It is not a good practice to rout a cutout for an undermount sink without having the actual sink and a hard template from the manufacturer. Some sink manufacturers have right on their templates that they are not responsible for variations in their products and spec sheets aren’t always accurate either. If you get me the model #, I should be able to get you a file you can use.

Good luck,
    Seth

it is a blanco 512729 but i downloaded the dxf file from there site but it was hundreds of inches larger and i tried scaling it down but it was not to scale i guess. we have the sink on order and it should come with a paper template but it will not be in in time to cut the sink and make the install date

I downloaded it and it seemed to scale just fine for me. I dont have the actual sink but according to the spec sheet it is right on.

It would seem that if you cut there spec you would have about a 1/4″ reveal. I usually will offset this to get it to a zero reveal or even a negative reveal

i just wanted to thank everybody for there help. i am new to useing the quik cad program i have and did not realize i should have open the file in millimeters and not inches. the yech sheet i was working with had a typo which threw off me scalling it dowh, which i did not have to do once i opened it right. but thank you all for the help

Seth Emery

Glad things worked out for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.