Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Got a chance to see the SawStop in action.  They used a hot dog and slammed it into the blade.  It worked so fast, I didn’t even see it happen.  As I was catching the video, I looked away for a split second and the blade was gone.

Very impressive.  At $4000, it is relatively inexpensive for the level of safety it provides.

Steve Mehan

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=cTUOhYcw4ZY

This link should be a video with a real finger.

David

I cut off all my fingers of my left hand  10:22 AM, 7-14-2011 with a 5hp  saw.
     Had them put back on[it has been a long road back, 5 new nylon knuckles].
    Went out and bought the Saw-stop 5 months ago. Feel better for the safety of my workers.
    Would recommended it in a second .
    Best of luck to you all.
    David Moitis 

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

David, are you able to work now after the accident?

Venio

owning this piece of tool makes you a ” rocket city redneck “……………………SAFETY third.

David

Andy
    Yes actually I was back to work within a few weeks, I did use a large brace.
    Venio WOW
    Please explain your post, for the , not so up on urban slang.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster
    Venio

Apart from the humour, any wood worker wil tell you ” safety first ” every time you to enters the shop.
    In such a case the need for that saw does not exist.

my best.

Lenny E

Posted By Steve Mehan on 07 Jun 2011 06:29 PM
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=cTUOhYcw4ZY

This link should be a video with a real finger.

No Steve,

Most fabbers are male…while the weiner was subliminal in nature, I would have shot that video using another male appendage other than a finger. That would have hit home!

You would have had fabbers grabbing thier  crotches, wincing and shouting OMG!

It would have catapulted safety to new levels..although said video would have been rated X with limited marketing.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Venio on 25 Oct 2011 01:24 PM

Apart from the humour, any wood worker wil tell you ” safety first ” every time you to enters the shop.
    In such a case the need for that saw does not exist.

my best.

I tend to disagree. There are many times one is faced with danger using any saw. It is not always human error that causes an accident.

For example, I knew a guy that cut his finger when the board hit a weak spot in the wood, the board was pushed up causing him to push forward too fast. His finger barely touched the blade and could have been very bad.
    I am not saying that human error is not the likely cause of accidents, just that every little bit of safety helps. The saw is not really that expensive compared to other comprable saws.
    David

Andy
    So true.
    We can talk about how important safety is and drill it , stress it every day to ourselves and our workers.
    There are still going to be accidents ,it is the nature of the beast.
    I can tell you ,my hand is over half a million. The surgery’s, hyperbolic chamber[ 30 days in the chamber 2 hours a day{ it caused me to go blind}] vision did come back .The physical therapy, I can go on but you get the idea.
    To top it off It was not a workman’s comp. I have it for my workers but WC it owner exempt.
    Plus I have to drive to Burbank for PT.I leave my house at 2:00 AM start at 4:30 get back to SB at 9:30 AM for work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.