Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I just slammed in another paperstone vanity…and get this its a new trend that is friendly to those of youse who might offer it to a customer…the customer requested a swirled edge…i come to learn it was SAWN edge…dats right the swirls were from the blade after ya cut it…..so im gonna put the sample on my profile board…I could have charged more for it…but that integrity thing I working on will eat me up

however I do offer a very expensive “jailbar profile edge”…pssst dats when ya cut it with a jigsaw blade..it’ll leave pinstripes..heheheheheh

here is also some other pics of chocolate paperstone…feel free to use these to show a potential customer what the pattern on the deck might look like…they all have a faux type pattern except Black (Obsidian Color)

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We had a hell of a time trying to get the Paperstone to look good. Very difficult to sand the deck and remove scratches.

What do you sand the edge with to remove the saw marks?

Nothing the manual says…dats for sure…maybe some aspects of their request, but I get rid of the marks with 100mic on my rotex setting, ( or even rougher if you dont have a good sharp blade) than I click it over to the vibrate sand setting, then I 60 mic or 220 whatever, than scotch brite of your choice,,,rub on some carnuba wax…leave on for 10 minutes…wipe off wit rag…wam!…the manual is similar but also cautious so people dont bust thru layers…I know the MFGs gotta protect theirselves to some point

you know how some of the ss manuals say sand with 12 steps of grits, than add a couple types of polish, then…. more stuff and i know most dont use that method …same type of thing, we do it like we are told then we find out what works for us… Im finding that out with all the materials as well

see the seam line of the 3/4 paperstone..above the EnviroGlas edge detail….that seam line sands out great as long as we block sand it like we do our SS buildup…

of course most of youse guys can just probaly V-groove it and not hafta worry about the line

Wags

Gene, do you use much LG Eden collection? Since its made in Ga. I would think your within the 500 mile LEED guideline.

Wags, ya know I never knew that… I have been arguieng with LEED about that for some time now, I got in on the comments but didnt have enough power to be heard….I have something coming up and will be using LG Viatera quartz, cause of the Greengaurd for the IAQ credit and the materials and resources credit can be washed out from the LEED AP on board which gives us 1 point for using him or her, now..

Thanx for the tip, I never worked alot with LG. i will look into that and draw up a map of where exactly the LG MFG is and draw a 500 mile radius around it

but do you know if the quartz is MFG there, im not sure where it is mined, but if its prepped there and slabbed up that could get me that point also…hmmmmmm

LEED for homes is growing rapidly out here, LG might be the key

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Does the leed point come from the 500 mile radius where the material is manufactured or distributed?

Wags

Viatera is made in Italy, only the Hi Macs is made in Ga.. Rome I believe is the city. Thats a questionable point Andy, some interpret it to mean where it is mfg…..as the tops are mfg in your shop….some argue it’s where the slab is made. I’ve not heard a clear answer on that. I think I understand the intent, which would mean where is the sheet mfg, but, as with many parts of the green movement, there is a lot of gray areas.

From what I can see, Rome, Ga to Tampa is about 500 miles.

Its mfg, …I had voiced my opinion is this many times with the council …If we had distribution points that stocked a minimum to prove they werent buying one slab or so…If it was distribution…that would be great

Now you can see why all these other programs are being created

its only one point anyway, Florida sux for this rule, we are long and skinny state

LEED project on the coastline 75% of that radius is in the water..heheh I could get a point from buying from CUBA….anyway, like I said…on the LEED for homes…that point is only necessary if it was on the fence of certification status

like if i had 76 points tallied up and i needed that point to put over into Gold from Silver than I might see about it in the design phase,

Oh yeah Andy, we should delete the Silestone and LEED thread, did you see the corrected the website…and they didnt even thank us fabnetters..but anyway new spectators might read it and click ont the link and wonder why me and you are referring them as greenwashers or misinformed

Andy Graves
    Keymaster
    Posted By Gene McDonald on 07/23/2008 7:36 PM

Its mfg, …I had voiced my opinion is this many times with the council …If we had distribution points that stocked a minimum to prove they werent buying one slab or so…If it was distribution…that would be great

Now you can see why all these other programs are being created

its only one point anyway, Florida sux for this rule, we are long and skinny state

LEED project on the coastline 75% of that radius is in the water..heheh I could get a point from buying from CUBA….anyway, like I said…on the LEED for homes…that point is only necessary if it was on the fence of certification status

like if i had 76 points tallied up and i needed that point to put over into Gold from Silver than I might see about it in the design phase,

Oh yeah Andy, we should delete the Silestone and LEED thread, did you see the corrected the website…and they didnt even thank us fabnetters..but anyway new spectators might read it and click ont the link and wonder why me and you are referring them as greenwashers or misinformed

Gene, what thread is the silestone one you want deleted?  Can you post a link?

Andy,  Its the SIlestone and LEEDS???? thread

Its in this category only me, You and wags responded…But do you remember it useta say LEEDS and all that other stuff…the reason I think we should delete it is because if you click onto the link it now says Silestone and LEED not LEEDS

my pet peave was accomplished..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.