Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Our shop is new to the engineered counter top ‘s We have been doing Granite and Quartz and are now expanding our offerings to our customers. What supplier do you guys use for your router bits to use with EOS and the like I would appreciate any suggestions

Vince McCarthy

Sarto Marble & Granite

KCWOOD

Vince,

Welcome to the site! There are many great suppliers of router bits. I have chosen Wesley Tools 1-800-397-6867. They are from Westbury NY. They have a 112 page catalog. I would recommend applying a router bit lubricant “before” the bit is used and after each cut. Acrylic dust is not kind to bearings, but using a lubricant will protect them.

Kelsey

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

What he said. You can technically use any carbide bit, it is just nice to be able to call a company that has a good product and they know solid surface.

Mory Ludwick

What He Said

Mory

For cutting the EOS, if you can splurge on diamond tooling. EOS is not kind to router bits and you could be going through bits faster than you think. Acrylic cuts much easier than 3CM blends. We use the Herco and Onsrud bits. Carbide will work just not nearly as long.

John

KCWOOD

John, I looked at that once. Can’t you buy about 3 for what 1 diamond one cost?

Who are you buying from? Onsrud was way out of line for me on cost?

kelsey

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Hey John,

You wanted to talk, give me a call 714-393-5282

Also, what kind of diamond tooling are you using?

For our profiling bits we use the Herco diamond tooling. Some other straight tooling we use the Onsrud. Yes they are quite expensive but, we have a lot of mileage on those diamond tools already. Personally if you are going to be doing 3CM material atleast get diamond profiling tools, or at least the profiles you sell the most of.

Andy,

I was going to call you today but I had jury duty and lucky me got #37. So I was first called and got selected to sit on a jury. Did not get to make any dust. God, I missed my shop. But at least my civic duty is done for a while.

John

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

John,

You made 100 post. Cool

It’s hard to complain about jury duty when we got Americans fighting for our freedom everyday. Thanks for doing your part. We all got to do it.

Not really complaining, more like I cant believe I got picked for it. My main concern was getting picked for one that might last an entire week. One day is fine by me.

Thanks Guys

We are going with Wesley Tools thanks again for the Input

I Now live in Kansas but grew up in NYC “Lets Go Mets”

you’ll wind up using them all before long. Wesley, velepec (who makes a lot of solid surface bowl bits), whiteside, etc.

KCWOOD

John, I never do get picked. When i do, I really try to volunteer. They always ask me why, I tell them i would make the best juror ever, I can just look at someone and tell if they are quilty…… I always get sent back to work…..

Things that make you go humm…

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

KC,

How did you get the smiley to work?

John,

Sorry, I wasn’t accusing you of complaining. I hate jury duty myself. And I love to complain about it. Just makes it harder to complain when people are out there getting shot. I will probably still complain though.

Its just not like most would imagine it. It is not like TV. They have better writers and lawyers are not that entertaining. People shooting, that is what the case was about, no body got hit though. But the guy should not be allowed to have a gun period.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.