Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Matt Kraft

Anybody have their installers carry one?

We recess a lot of steel bars into header boards on knee walls.  Some of the big C shapes and such require leveling of 5 or 6 bars.  Wondering if this would save them a boatload of time.  Might be worth the investment.

Thoughts?

Matt

Sue Turner

We used one on almost every job.  At first some of the guys did not take to the idea,  but when they saw it in action on a u-shaped Kit. and it showed a 1/2 inch difference in height from on side to the other with one side high and the other side of the U low as compared to the center section with the sink they knew the Cab. guy needed to reset the Cabs. or we would have to not only charge a trip charge but a cab. reset to the Contractor.

Even with the 8 foot level on the install trailer the Laser is much faster particularly on long runs and from one side of the room or u-shape to the other.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We use a laser level at template and installation. Do not buy the rotary type, get the straight line laser that shows a constant line. It doesn’t give you a 360 line but it will be more than adequate for a countertop.

The rotating laser is a PITA to see because it doesn’t make a solid line.

Sue Turner

Andy my 360 Laser has 3 speeds so on slow you have the dashes and on high speed it is a solid line.  It really works great.

Tom M

William,
    I just noticed your sign off phrase at the bottom of your posts.
    Very funny, but increasingly true.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By William Turner on 07 Feb 2012 04:43 PM

Andy my 360 Laser has 3 speeds so on slow you have the dashes and on high speed it is a solid line.  It really works great.

That’s cool, what model brand is it?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

BTW, our laser will do vertical, not sure if the rotary laser will do the same. Might not be that important for you. We use the vertical on showers to get plumb line.

Sue Turner

Andy, it is a Porter Cable and also does vertical.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.