Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD

Our area McDonalds operator , held a St Patty’s Day Party last night for the Ronald McDonald House Charities. Corned beef and cabbage, green beer was in abundance, as well as giving people to help one of the most widely known charities to help children and their families.

With the generosity of Randy Moore with Avonite, we were able to donate a fully installed Foundations collection countertop which raised $2400. A McDonalds operator from Missouri purchased it for his kitchen area in his corporate office. I later learned there were other owner/ operators there as well.

After the auction, I had people come up to me and tell me they never knew I sold countertops, even they have known me for years. 2 people told me they need a countertop replacement and both scheduled appointments to meet. I feel good about the exposure last night, I will sell 2-3 tops and will get in front of 6-7 others. This was a win-win event for everyone.

I later learned, from one of the out of state McDonalds owners, that fundraisers like this are held all across the country.

Maybe this is a crazy idea, but I think it would be a great idea for The Fabricator Network to team up with the network of these fundraisers, coast to coast. . This could be the unity and the thread that will tie all the Fabricator Network members together for a common goal.

as Winston Churchill said:

We make a living by what we get, but make a life by what we give.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

KC,

Do you have any ideas how to go about teaming with an organization? Not sure how to go about this one.

Tom M

If I could get a local supplier interested in donated materials, I would be good for a fab and install. You can quote me, Andy.

Tom

KCWOOD

Andy, I can Make it Happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The person I have been working with for 18 months now with their house cabinetry, Joe, is the McDonalds owner of 5 west Ky McDonalds. I just finished his downstairs bar and entertainment area last week, and posted the pics of his cabinets I did a while back. The gentleman that purchased my donation owns 11 McDonalds in Missouri. They are two of the nicest guys one would ever meet. They seem to give back, more than they receive. Just really awesome people.

I think we are on to something here. There is no doubt, with the sucess that we just had with this auction, that we can take this nationwide, if everyone will get on board. Joe is going to Vegas next week to a national McDonalds meeting. If you guys are ready, I’ll run the idea past Joe, and I’m 100% sure Joe has the contacts to get this thing going. I would be glad to be the PR person on this and do what I need to, to coordinate. We will need to get people to sign up to sponsor, along with the manufacturers. I really do not see a problem with any of this. Everyone I have mentioned this to, has without hesitation, said to count them in.

Let me know if this is something you want me to pursue….

KC

Tom M

Does he need some kind of rrough count on how many and where from us?

Tom

KCWOOD

Tom, I just need to know if this is something anyone would want to be a part of.

We can do this one step at a time. If you are interested, I’ll find out about a fundraiser close to you. I can get a list of all the local RMC chapters.

KC

Tom M

KC,

If all you need is an anyone, I can answer yeah.

I don’t want to run the thing, but I will be glad to do a fab and inst on the house. I believe in these guys.

I’ve helped them before.

Tom

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Count me in for one fab and install. I need a manufacturer to donate the material and I will donate the labor.

Why don’t you find out if the RMH is willing to partner with us to take care of the countertops in all their homes across the country? If we get all the manufacturers on board, I don’t think it will be an issue to find a fabricator.

Chris Yaughn

I would be interested in helping

Chris

Gordon Shell

I will run this past the boss at EOS to see if we can help with material, no promises, but I’m sure we can disuss in more detail this week in FL.

Linda Graves

When the Ronald McDonald House was build in Orange, CA many years ago, they put solid surface in the entire house. Perhaps the houses with existing solid surface need to be refurbished. That could turn into a good PR story for solid surface as well as helping maintain the houses.

Linda

KCWOOD

Info, Andy ,all,

There is a McDonalds national meeting out in Vegas this week and Joe is going to bring up the idea to some people he knows. He is going to get us a list and numbers of all the RMHC chapter locations. These are the locations that bring the RMHC to the local level.

He has hopes we can put together a list of fabricators that a local events coordinator can call on for a donation or we have their list so if a fabricator becomes interested, they can contact the local chapter in their area. It’s just a matter of getting the two together.

KC

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Keep us posted. Sound like if we just get the guys the FabNet info they can just call when they need someone.

Fred Atwood

I’m with Andy, get someone to provide the materials and I’m in for a fab and install. Love to help the kids when ever I can.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.