Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

The November / December issue of Retail Construction Magazine has an excellent article (pg. 132) promoting solid surface as the material of choice for retail restroom facilities. For any of you Fabnetters doing retail construction this is something to be read, kept for reference, when dealing with retail construction projects.

Happy New Year to all!

GEMSTONE[script removed]   Rich Magee

Jon Olson
    Thanks Rich.. Do they have an on-line edition? I would love to read the article

Jon,

I’m not sure, however they have a web address: http://www.retailconstruction.com.

The magazine is consolidating this month into “Commercial Construction Magazine” combining the aforementioned “Retail Construction” , “Healthcare Construction” and, I believe,” Hospitality Construction “

GEMSTONE
    Rich

Before I got into solid surface, I was in the store fixture manufacturing business. I still get some calls and do some work. This is a project from last year:

The fixture contractor out of Florida needed the 4″ Estee Lauder letters replaced with the 6″ letters you see here for their job in Michigan. My old boss in Ohio referred them to me.

I also removed the plain plastic laminate corner bunker and installed this lighted brass-framed corner fixture. The new mall will open in days and if the store isn’t ready the mall fines the store, if the store gets fined, they bang on the General Contractor, if the GC gets bit, he hammers the fixture contractor. This is a perfect example of the s%&t running down the hill and they aren’t playing around.

I had to do some touch-ups on this showcase too.

This is a much better close-up of the showcase I had to touch up.

Joe

Norm Walters

Joe, you’re a trip. Seems to be a problem with the auto focus feature on that particular camera you were using.

Posted By Norm Walters on 08 Jan 2009 08:21 PM
    Joe, you’re a trip. Seems to be a problem with the auto focus feature on that particular camera you were using.

Norm:

Yes, Norm, I think you may be correct. Perhaps this picture better demonstrates the tape residue I had to remove from the showcases:

You can’t use cheap tape to pack and ship your showcases or some high-dollar bailout expert like myself is going to have to use alcohol and a plastic laminate scraper to clean up.

You’ve got to admit Norm, with the glue gone, that’s a fine looking showcase, no?

Joe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.