Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt Kraft

I promised a customer I’d take a stab at removing some scratches.

Anyone have a vendor/process that they’ve used succesfully?  I’d prefer not to show up with something from an infomercial, which is mostly what google searches yield.

Matt

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have seen a Karran Stainless Steel sink installed and during the process, scratches were sanded out. The last step was a maroon scotchbrite drum on a drill. Made the stainless look exactly like the original finish.

I have also talked with a repair guy that would sand and then use steel wool in progressively finer grits to achieve the correct finish.

Hope that helps a little. I would test it on a sink if you have one lying around.

Steve , NY

I have done this a few times in the past. Depending on how deep the scratches are I start out with 180 grit sand paper LIGHTLY, then dropping down to 240 and 360 and the final with a scotch brite wet. The hardest part is to sand back and forth with the polish lines already in the sink, not in a circular motion. I also spot sanded with the 180 and 240 and then pretty much the whole thing in 360 and scotch brite. I also found the object is not to remove all scratches(as in solid surface) but to get them all going in the same direction. All the ones I have done were by hand, I didn’t use a sander.

Dani Homrich

The Perfect finish Matt will match the factory finish with a maroon scuff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.