Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chad Pitcher

In my area we had a company that poured (yes I know it is poured but you get what I am saying wright?)And if I have offended any one out there sorry. now we have a market that thinks all S.S. is the same as the poured stuff and everyone that has it says they wont have it again. We have over the last four to five years been doing a lot of reeducating the public on the differences in the materials and that they are not the same any help or suggestions

P.S you did see I said HAD, they finally went bankrupt and then opened a granite shop and now we get to deal with the price war with them all over again. I’m not just talking a few $ here and there I am talking (Go get a bid and we will beat it by ten to twenty percent) type chicken s@$# . Hopefully they don’t stay to long but the granite market is strong up here.

Tom M

We tell our customers that, just as there are different qualities of both stone and stone fabricators, there are differences in solid surface.

We then explain why we are better as well as different. It’s an uphill battle, for sure, but whattayougonnado?

Solid surface is getting a real bad rap, and I’m not quite sure how, why, or how to stop it, besides selling ourselves. It is a major problem.

Linda Graves

Hi Lynette and Chad,

Good to see you on the site.

When customer’s come into the showroom and get a price and then ask if I will match or do better than someone else, we tell them if we could just suddenly reduce our price, we were trying to take advantage of them in the first place.

Of course, we also go on to explain qualtity, etc.

I had a customer tell me that he always went for the lowest price because he could always demand quality. I wished him good luck.

Linda

David Gerard

Olivebranch, This sounds like what I’m dealing with. Read the thread I started ” 1″ cast tops locally” Should be acouple of pages back . So far I have been able to head it off with my people. This gent even call his business Hard-Rock solid surface. I think we’re talkin the same stuff. DG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.