Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Looking to do a ramp sink that slops to the back. Anyone know where to buy the drain assembly?

I was going to do it for my kids bathroom before offering to customers.
    Thanks in advance,
    Andy

I am working with an architect who is putting a project together that will use a ramped style sink.  He is suggesting to use these type of drains http://www.quickdrainusa.com .
    I think it can work if mounted to the underside of the sink and a solid surface drain cover is made so that is can be removed for cleaning.

Johnny C

Dani Homrich

Andy,

A ramp sink that slops to the back doesn’t work, it get the user all wet.

http://www.thefabricatornetwork.com/Forum/tabid/164/aft/260204/Default.aspx

Tom M

So you’re saying only go with the front to back slope for Lady customers who wear T shirts. Do I have that right?

That’s a nice looking sink, Dani. The old post says the drain is from Specialty tools, how do you work it in to the design?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks Dani.

I would love to see a close up of the drain and how it’s glued to the solid surface.

Does the splashing occur no matter the type of faucet used?

Dani Homrich

Andy

Yes a splash with all faucets some more than others, the slop must be from back to front.
    The drain has a built in trap and glues to a flat surface. I used Loctite PL S40 polyurethane.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I don’t think I want the splashing now. This would be for the kids bathroom and I can only imagine the mess.

The slope toward the front wouldn’t work so well on an ADA application unless the depth was shallow.

Posted By Dani Homrich on 12 Jun 2013 11:33 AM
    Andy

Yes a splash with all faucets some more than others, the slop must be from back to front.

Dani,

I just had to satisfy my own curiosity about the splashing issue.  I held a piece of SS under a faucet at all kinds of angles.  About 8″ from faucet and closer.  I could not get the water stream to splash no matter what angle I held the piece at.

Johnny C

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I should have done the same. I put in a rectangle sink but thought the ramp sink would be bitchen.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.