Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brady Hudson

Guys,

I’ve got a customer who would like to know if we can use radiant heat under her solid surface tops.  I understand the thermoforming associated with solid surface, but also know it takes considerable heat to thermoform.  Do any of you have any experience with this or input as to how to use a low heat to “make the tops warm to the touch….”?

Thanks,
    Brady

Norm Walters

First I would tell them that solid surface is 10 degrees warmer than granite anyway.  Maybe that’s what they are accustomed to.

I would try it for her or him..first defining the word cold is different as much as warm..if they want the countertop to a certain temparture they need that dial thingy to set it to the heating pad..but where there is build up it might not be as warm..

I read somewhere how they put it on floor so that is why that came up..but i think they are thinking solid surface is granite or stone..go ahead and put you solid surface samples in the freezer and see what happens the minute ya take it out for oh i say about ten seconds..let them witness that
     and see if they need to heat it..
             also be careful with particulates the metallic flakes might dislodge..oh and then you have a heat difference between Acrylic and Poly
    hmmm complicated huh?? good luck my friend
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I’ve heard this being done before but have not done it myself. It wouldn’t really be that hot compared to what it would take for thermoforming. I say go for it. Just let us know how it works out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.