Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Shane,

How is the cabinet business going? Did you decide to continue builing your own cabinets?

Shane Barker

Hey Andy,

I have done a couple of small jobs and still want to pursue doing more but I am at the point where I really need to invest into additional equipment, like an edgebander and pocket cutter. Plus we have just taken over another unit next to our Solid Surface shop and I have been very busy tearing down walls, doing the electrical and air line, and trying to get organized. And then of course my Komo broke down and I have been working on that for a while now. It is nice that I do all this work my self and save the money paying to have it done but it keeps me too busy.

Shane

Dave Rose

Shane, did you say, “pocket cutter”?

http://www.kregtool.com

Simply, the best.

Shane Barker

Boy Dave you are right on the ball, I like that. As far as the cabinets go an edgebander would be at the top of my list then probably an insertion machine would be the next piece I should buy. But I have always wanted a pocket cutter because I can use it for so many things in my laminate shop. I am still undecided how far I want to go with the cabinet thing. If I had unlimited funds that were not subject to my wife’s approval I would probably jump right into commercial p-lam cabinets and then maybe offer a line of cabinets for garages. But my wife is my bookkeeper and the one that has to pay the bills so I usually listen to her advice. Things are a lot better at home that way too! [EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO]

Shane

Norm Walters

Shane, the saying that you have to spend money to make money is true, figuring out the formula for the amount is the tricky part.

Shane Barker

Yea,

If making the money was as easy as spending it I would have it made.

Shane

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.