Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Anyone know if bleach will cause problems with honed quartz?

Posted By Andy Graves on 27 Jan 2011 07:24 PM
    Anyone know if bleach will cause problems with honed quartz?

Andy:

I had bleach make spots on my Caroli Red Zodiaq, but when I let raw bleach sit on some brown Cambria for hours, nothing happened. It’s hard to say.

Joe

Wags

My guess would be, if the poly is pigmented, then it may be effected by the bleach, if its clear, may not be… But that’s just a guess. I would doubt the quartz itself would be affected much.

Bill Wolle

I agree with Wags, the bleach is taking the pigment out of the poly binder.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Would this be covered under the warranty. They say damage to chemicals are not covered, but are you just supposed to clean it with water? Would soap be considered a chemical?

Bill Wolle

Nope, not warranty. I think many of the care info’s or warranties actually list bleach as a no-no. Not definate, I just seem to recall some info about bleach. Check with the manufactureres tech help to be sure.

Brian Stone

The Cambria website specifically states not to use any cleaners that contain bleach.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Anyone know how to fix it?

Bill Wolle

If it is a bleached area, no fix I know of. AGER might help but no promises.

Brian Stone

Polishing is the only true fix in my opinoin. Ager may cover it up temporarily but it’s going to eventually rub off of the surface and it will look even blotchier than when you started.

FYI – Caesarstone actually recommends two different cleaners with bleach: Soft Scrub Gel with bleach and Comet Soft Cleaners Cream with bleach.

Tomson

In theory it should not be affected, although their is one thing that most manufacturers overlook, is that the coloring pigment included in the engineered quartz sometimes may have a behaviour of its own. So if it did stain on one product doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll stain on every engineered quartz … we just tend to settle all engineered quartz as the same, but every colour/texture has a specific composition, which may have different reactions to chemicals.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.