Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Dani Homrich

Posted By Karl Crooks on 13 Aug 2009 11:11 AM

What we have done has been around removing scratches, dull spots or damage in some manner to the surface. Its not hard to make the surface look good again, we have refinished island tops and such. The hard part is matching the factory finish, like refinishing just 2 sqft in the center of a large island top and matching it to the rest of the tops finish finish. You are right the differance may not show up in a photos BUT the customer sure can see it .

Karl,

I now have an E-Stone blending & dulling compound that makes matching the factory finish very easy. I did not have that available when you got your E-Stone kits. It is real cheep only 15.95 and it is used with the white Boss pad. It will blend the worked area to the factory finish in just a few minutes. A big time saver making E-Stone much easier to finish.

Posted By Gene McDonald on 12 Aug 2009 07:36 PM

Does breaking down the factory finish do anything to the dos’ and donts lists of the care and maintenance sheets?

My understanding is that it voids the warranty if you top polish quartz.  With that said, what is the warranty really worth?  Don’t they usually throw you  under the bus anyway?

Joe,
    Were you able to match the factory polish?  We have gotten “good” results, but have never been able to match it where there is direct sunlight, so we opt not to push our luck.

Posted By Guy Robertson on 16 Aug 2009 08:20 PM

Posted By Gene McDonald on 12 Aug 2009 07:36 PM
    Does breaking down the factory finish do anything to the dos’ and donts lists of the care and maintenance sheets?

My understanding is that it voids the warranty if you top polish quartz.  With that said, what is the warranty really worth?  Don’t they usually throw you  under the bus anyway?

Joe,
    Were you able to match the factory polish?  We have gotten “good” results, but have never been able to match it where there is direct sunlight, so we opt not to push our luck.

Guy:

Dani Homrich has been paid by estone manufacturers to polish quartz. They can’t have it both ways. If they can polish, so can we. The only warranty invalidation through refinishing I’m aware of is the honing of gloss Zodiaq.

I don’t know how or why the myth of bad warranty coverage of estone persists, but it does. I had a Zodiaq claim several years ago. It was clearly customer abuse, but DuPont covered it anyway. Norm just had Cambria step up on a job with full coverage on bad material.

I ran out of countertop sample to try to get to factory, you have to index a very wide swath. My piece probably had a bit more shine and “alligator” than factory, but could have probably been blended in successfully.

Joe

Flex

Dani,

What is the name or # of your E-stone Blending and Dulling polish? We would like to try it and practice seam work and repair work. I can’t find it on your web site.

Karl Crooks
    Flex

That is the site I went to. Do I need to get a kit or can I get just the compound?

Dani Homrich

Posted By Flex on 26 Aug 2009 08:44 AM

Dani,

What is the name or # of your E-stone Blending and Dulling polish? We would like to try it and practice seam work and repair work. I can’t find it on your web site.

Flex,

Sorry I have a web glitch and haven’t been able to add new products. Hope to get that fix soon.

Here is the part# ESBC  $15.95  It is used with the 5″ white Boss pad and a random orbital sander like the Portercable 7336.

Give me a call I talk faster than I type 248-852-9248

Dani

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.