Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Len Smith

While the polymers may be relatively impervious to liquid, are the chips in ES quartz chips? Is quartz itself non-pourous, or are the mfgr’s relying on the polymers for cleanability?

Karl Crooks

Posted By Len Smith on 07 Feb 2011 11:38 AM

While the polymers may be relatively impervious to liquid, are the chips in ES quartz chips? Is quartz itself non-pourous, or are the mfgr’s relying on the polymers for cleanability?

Len both the quartz and the polymers can stain or hold dirt. When you look at ES closely you will at time see VERY small voids in the quarts chips and or the polymers, any void will hold dirt.  

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

So I was looking at a list of sites that link back to the FabNet and noticed this website called, “Granite Gurus”.

It caught me by surprise when I read the article. It basically says that my question about quartz being non-porous is kinda dumb and that I should already know that a sharpie would permanently stain the material. HERE IS THE LINK

I thought for sure you would be able to remove a sharpie from quartz, especially with acetone or a strong cleaner.  I was wrong.  Funny how the sales reps don’t mention this when describing the material.  In fact Consumer reports grades quartz as an A which would lead me to believe the non-porous material would not stain.

While I don’t expect countertop materials to be bulletproof, I do expect a NON-POROUS material to be NON-POROUS. Maybe I am just being to critical.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.