Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Yaughn

I need a lead on a quartz fabricator somewhere between Atlanta and Jacksonville who has experience working with 3 or 4 inch drop edges on Quartz (Zoqiaq) Tops. Our normal Quartz fabricators do very little if any built up edges on Quartz.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Chris Yaughn

Just got off the phone W/ Marble Masters of Middle Ga. They come recommended by Matt K and will probably handle this, if it gets past the designer stage.

I would still be interested in hearing from more shops that do the big drop edges regularly. Maybe even V-grooving them?

Thanks

Chris

sanitychaser wrote

Just got off the phone W/ Marble Masters of Middle Ga. They come recommended by Matt K and will probably handle this, if it gets past the designer stage.

I would still be interested in hearing from more shops that do the big drop edges regularly. Maybe even V-grooving them?

Thanks

Chris

Chris

First off, nice tag line. I have read the FairTax book and am a strong supporter of it. (check my signature line at StoneAdvice.com if you make it over there)

Drop edges. We do them on a regular basis as many architects want 4-6 aprons on projects. We miter them on our bridge saw then glue them up much the same way you would solid surface. Gives a nice joint as opposed to a stacked edge.

Do you have any specific questions? If so let me know.

Guy

Chris Yaughn

Guy,

We don’t fabricate any of our stone/estone sales. I am looking for fabricators in the area with experience with the big drop edges. They guys that we work with for “normal” tops do a good job, but don’t get a lot of call for this type of work.

As for the fair tax, I fear we are too far removed from the days of revolution to see it gain footing. The lemmings won’t look up.

Chris

Mory Ludwick

Chris,

When I was looking for someone to run our stone shop, I went over to stone advice and posted. I ended up hiring a guy our of Colorado and he is running our shop just fine. GIve it a try.These guys know people all over.

Mory

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.