Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

The reason behind stone fabricator’s contempt for Cambria is from Cambria’s verticle integration business model. Cambria wants it all, from the quartz in the ground to the check from Ms. Jones with nothing going to anyone else. This isn’t new it is just very unpleasant for those stoners who thought they were partnering with Cambria only to wake up one day and find out that Cambria not only dumped them, but was a direct competitor.

Joe

Lenny E

Hi Joe,

As Depression Lite (the current US and EU economic situation) continues, I would expect the vertical integration trend to spread.

Brian Stone

Posted By Kowboy on 04 Oct 2010 09:33 PM

The reason behind stone fabricator’s contempt for Cambria is from Cambria’s verticle integration business model. Cambria wants it all, from the quartz in the ground to the check from Ms. Jones with nothing going to anyone else. This isn’t new it is just very unpleasant for those stoners who thought they were partnering with Cambria only to wake up one day and find out that Cambria not only dumped them, but was a direct competitor.

Joe

It’s not just that Joe. They were deeply involved with the latest radon scare. A large chunk of the money to start up Buildclean was provided by them and a couple of the Cambria execs were even on the board of directors.

Ray Aleksic

That looks great Tom, I tried calling but you were out, I will try again later today or tomorrow. I have seen this done in Europe with and without success.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Brian Stone on 04 Oct 2010 07:36 AM

Posted By Tom M on 02 Oct 2010 11:26 AM

This is a Cambria display in the showroom. Pardon the mess. It’s always like that.

Andy –
    I think you need to check the cuss word filter on the site. It let Tom say the ‘C’ word.

I’ll get that fixed.  Fabricators have some real anamorphic towards Cambria, it is almost a hatred.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.