Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We have had a few problems since dealing with quartz.

First the material seems to have a band arount the edge of hazy material. Basically it can’t be used. So why are we paying for the square footage if it has to be cut off. Also it makes the slab smaller so you have to go into a additional slab to do the job. Sometimes this is an unexpexted cost.

Second, the manufacturers claim their material is consistent and will match from slab to slab within a certain lot number. When they don’t match they claim that it is part of the attraction to the product. It has that natural material so their will be some variation. Which is it? Either consistent or natural variation, can’t have it both ways…or maybe they can.

Anyone notice this?

Karl Crooks

Andy we have seen both, not very often, but we have seen it. Call me if you would like more details (760) 525-9481 Thanks

We drop the perimeter 1″ or so and NO the color does vary.

We do CesarStone and HanStone – color varies the most on the CesarStone.

Russ Cereola

What size are you paying for? Slabs might actually be 55″+ x 120″+. Some charge for a 54″x120″, which might address the perimeter.

Color match – I’ve seen this on laminate, solid surface and quartz. The best intention is to provide color matched materials. As we all know, stuff gets through even the best Quality Assurance controls. I have always been frank with fabricators before the sale – SH*T Happens – the fabricator has the right and the obligation of final inspection – hopefully prior to fabrication.

$0.02

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Not sure the exact size. I agree the fabricator has some responsibility, however sometimes you just can tell the slabs don’t match when you pull the seam together.

Linda Graves

With solid surface you can move the sheets around easily, butt together, spray a little water on them and see if they match. Not so easy to do with quartz.

Linda

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.