Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt

Our shop recently installed a 3 slab Hanstone Genisis job. 4CM OG Bullnose. After the first day the home owner complained of spotting. We came back with cleaner and a number of products and could not resolve the issue. It’s almost like it penatrates the surface. We took pictures of the issue and have been working with our rep to resolve the issue. However they are refusing to pay a personal visit to the sight. The customers are extremly pleased with our work but are asking us to replace the job because of the spotting. You literaly can’t put you hand on it without it spotting. Then you can’t clean it off. We are now preparing to replace a $10,000 set of kitchen tops with the hope we get some restitution from Hanstone. Has any one else had this problem?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Matt,

Why would it be spotting like that? Quartz is supposed to be non-pourus. I would suggest you not replace it just yet. Let me see if I can’t get a hold of someone for you first.

Why don’t you send me your email and the contact at Hanwha that you have been dealing with so far.

Andy

Chris Yaughn

Not being able to dry wipe off fingerprints is wierd. 

Getting fingerprints is just part of have a shiny black countertop.

What has the homeowner been using to “clean” it?  Could it be something that builds up and the prints are in the waxy build up and not on the “stone”?

Wags

Try KaBoom, it works where others don’t.

Norm Walters

Posted By Tom Wagner on 06 Mar 2010 10:20 AM
    Try KaBoom, it works where others don’t.

Now available in easy to use foam.

Posted By Matt on 05 Mar 2010 05:10 PM
    However they are refusing to pay a personal visit to the sight.

This is NOT the responsiveness that my Hanstone rep has been.  Any issue and they have jumped to get to the site, see the issue, and help resolve it.

PM with your rep’s name and number and I’ll pass it on to mine and see if there can be some nudging done from the inside.

Brian Stone

If it is leaving marks that easily then they probably have some kind of greasy / waxy buildup on the surface. If you or the customer tried to seal the stone or put ager on it that could cause problems. Since the material is ‘non porous’ any treatment like that will sit on the surface and cause problems. I would simply clean it with a non-bleach, non-abrasive cleaner as well as you can and be on your way.

I wouldn’t even think about replacing a black top on the basis that it shows fingerprints. That is what black polished material does. It would be like a person wanting a car dealer to replace a black car because it gets dirty too easily.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.