Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Miles Crowe

Just wanted to let you know about my experience with the Proliner.

If you’re looking for something that is easy to use and incredibly accurate, consider this product. My template guy, who has never owned a computer, learned to use it in 1 1/2 days. He has had one or two hiccups over the last two months, but nothing serious.

He does the CAD work in the home with the customer and gets approval on radius sizes, arcs, etc..

It’s got a pretty hefty price tag (22k) , but I’ve found it to be well worth the money.

Jon Olson

Good Info Miles

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Patrick McGrath bought one, he is located in England (I think) and had some initial problems.  He digitized the same template 5-6 times and they were all different when they cut the piece on the cnc.

Have you experienced this same problem?  It may have just been his machine and got it taken care of.

Miles Crowe

Andy,

Actually, the Proliner salesman had been after me four about one year. When he finally took me out for a demo, all the measurements were wrong. The machine had a software error. However, he got it fixed and took me out and convinced me.

I think once you get the machine dialed in, very little can go wrong. Any issues we have had have been user (cad) errors and not accuracy.

Miles Crowe

Jon,

I hope one day to be seen as a contributor here and not just an arguer!

I know more about countertops than I do radon anyway.

Victor Soto

The proliner has worked very well at our company, like other products we have had our ‘USER’ errors, that have been tremendously costly.  The learning curve like Miles stated was better than expected after the mindset of the users was changed.  There’s always some friction at the beginning.

One important thing though, develop a system, procedure, or however you want to call it, then enforce it.  One missed step in the procedure can be very costly.

As far as accuracy it is really good, in the industry we might be looking into a tolerance of 1/32″ to 1/16″ as our limits, it does the job.  The other plus that we found was that it creates a DXF file automatically.  This is really helpful if you have a waterjet, cnc, programmable saw, or any machine that can benefit from this.

There are other products in the market just make sure you do your homework before making this type of investment.

Vic

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Welcome to the FabNet  Vic.  Good information.

Gw

I have seen the proliner but never seen it work. I have 3 questions. Do you how Patrick solved his problems with multiple readouts of the same template, did it have to do with keeping the base stable? can you take vertical measures? How large of an envelope does the proliner operate in? I have a company that I consult to that is looking at digitizers (mobile) for architectural stone templates like arch entries.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.