Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Randy Evans

I don’t know if it is interesting or helpful to anyone, but there is a thread on GardenWeb right now where people are asked to report where they live, what countertop they got, and what it cost. Hard to say whether or not it will catch on like some threads do there, with dozens of responses, but it might serve as a very unscientific pricing survey for the countertop trade.

ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg112231237205.html

Wow – prices all over the place – 2cm versus 3cm – nothing but confusion comes from this and so far it’s all stone.

I hate to see this kind of stuff…

I had a lady that bought exotic stone and she emailed me a link to a guy advertising 58.00 sqft so I called him… he has it fabbed in Chicago on a cnc and is just getting started here. No shop, no overhead, no insurance, and is looking to buy an install vehicle. Geez this stuff just screws the market up.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Funny how this kind of stuff works. Everytime you find a great deal on the web, by the time you actually get ready to put your money down, the price remarkedly goes back up to standard prices.

Great deal are bullcrap most of the time.

Lee James

Guys, everyday in Chicago I exit a ramp off of some part of the highway and see a sign in the ground for Granite at $38.00 sqft installed. The new 355 south just opened a week ago and someone has already been there to put them in the ground. I don’t install or fab, but can anyone really make money on something like Granite installed for 38.00/sqft.

Lee

abrasiveboy wrote

Guys, everyday in Chicago I exit a ramp off of some part of the highway and see a sign in the ground for Granite at $38.00 sqft installed. The new 355 south just opened a week ago and someone has already been there to put them in the ground. I don’t install or fab, but can anyone really make money on something like Granite installed for 38.00/sqft.

Lee

They are working for wages and have no overhead, no liability insurance, or workmans comp. The material is probably sponge rock!

Sad

Mike Brown

There are hidden charges in this though. they charge extra for splashes, etc.

Bryan Durant

Guy down the street is $19.95 per sq ft. Chinese crap.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.