Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Web Morrow

Steve, as I see it, there are NO killer deals as it relates to PC parts…unless you want to lose money. Been there…done that.

Dave

Shane Barker

Unless of course a guy just happens to have a pile of bases lying around from routers he has bought where he may have not needed the bases because..…say he was using them on a machine he was building? I don’t know…just a thought.[EMO]confuse.gif[/EMO]

Shane

KCWOOD

Humm… McMaster Carr has a Nylon screw that seems to be the same size. Have to order a few to see, but that might be the solution.

Steve, I use the widest blade of screwdriver that I know of, that is still not as wide as the screw slot. It appears it is the angle the screwdriver , when the toque is applied that will cause a burr. Thing is, one NEVER knows you have caused a burr until about 2 ft of top, or more if the scratch is light. UGHHH.

I bet you have a lot of bases around….. Roll

KCWOOD

Collet troubleon PC router. I had a 1 1/8 top bearing router bit come out of the router when using it. It started vibrating really bad, and then all of a sudden, a few seconds later, the bit came out and flew about 15 ft and slammed against the wall. Since then we have noticed the router bit has lossened 2 other times. I called my supplier and they said it will be 8-12 weeks to get another collet? WHAT…. Doesn’t PC stock parts?? This is nuts..

I buy 1/2 collets in bulk. Many people don’t know that they have a usefull life span, and after that they are junk. Once a bit loosens in them they become bell mouthed, and you can’t even see it with with your eye.

And as Shane said, I have a pallet or two of bases kicking around. I’m going to market them as Fabricators Travel Mug Holders. Put your giant cup of joe into one of these and set it on the engine cover of your installation van. Won’t tip over unless you roll the van.

KCWOOD

So Steve, You buy up all the collets so everyone else has to wait??? LOL 🙂

I think I read on another post where someone else had been waiting weeks for additional collets with no ship date in site. Do you sell them or just use them for yourself??

It’s my way of driving the price up in “collet futures”. Once I control the market these puppies will be selling for $$$$$.

If you need just the collet, I have plenty. I keep a few dozen around because the 220 volt routers only come with 12mm colets. Now if you want some 12mm collets, I have a few gallons of them. Give Susan a call and she can get one out tomorrow.

I hope you don’t need the whole collet chuck. I don’t have any of those.

PC42950 1/2″ collet…19 in stock here. KC, I just printed this thread and handed it to my PC/DELTA rep who stopped by. He’ll forward it on to someome…anyone at PC and we will see.

Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.