Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have been trying different brands of disconnects for our air lines.  They all break or leak.

Any suggestions on buying a brand that last and still lets enough air through to run a sander?

KCWOOD

try this on your tool… and stop buying hoses at harbor frieight… I have a 3m hose I’ve been using for about 15 yrs… 

http://www.toolmancentral.com/Swive…pg4826.htm

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have bought some at Harbor Freight before but that is not one of them. They all suck, the good, the bad, the expensive, the cheap.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Are you using the ACM brand. I didn’t notice any female connectors on the page you posted.

KCWOOD

yes we use that plus this one http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_…04526550-2

Grainer makes a better one of these, however they are about $40 from them.

However, when we did alot of wood sanding, we brought the air from the ceiling, used coil hoses, which kept the hose out of everyones way. We never really had an issue with hoses bursting… we ran oilers in our hoses… along with a great filter… our sanders never broke down either.

Andy,
    Check out Prevost or Legris(Transair). They are between $12.00 -$16.00 each. We average about 5 years out of each one. The one by my CNC is at 8 years right now.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Mike, where do you buy you fittings?

Andy,
    We buy them from our local compressor company. (Kaeser)Or a local supplier of air compressor pipe and fittings.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks

Loren Fisher

I get the rubber seal that goes inside the fitting and replace them but first,you can flip them over and use the other side before replacing them.

Loren

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.