Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Len Smith

Rob’s work area was getting messy with plans, so he designed a plan rack made from Avonite Recycled White to hold the plans on which he is currently working. 

Len Smith

Hmm…photo didn’t upload, so will try again:

Lenny E

Great Work Len! I love the design!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Did he make you sand it?

That is a nice design. Our plans are stacked in the corner and get extremely sloppy.

Jon Olson

great work!

Mory Ludwick

I like it.

Mory

Lenny E

Hey Mory,

How the heck are ya? Nice to see ya posting. We missed ya, ya big lug!

dats awesome Len!..

Len Smith

Rob (my son) graduated from UCLA with a degree in English, and came to work for us while he took a year off to get ready for graduate school. He became proficient with CAD, and is doing all of our drawings. While working here his interest in design was piqued, and now he is applying for Architecture schools for next fall. It’s interesting to see the stuff he has been coming up with!

Lenny E

Thats awesome Len! The seed don’t fall far from the tree!

English degree? Geez! He is lucky he has a Dad that makes (produces, manufactures something).

Any chance he is going to follow in Dad’s footsteps?

Len Smith

I don’t know about that, Lenny…but we have him here until August or September. Between now and then he will be spearheading our 3D modeling for submittals, so we can integrate with BIM (Building Information Modeling.) If that goes well, I’d like to set it up so he can work remotely while he’s in school. It would help us, and it would help him pay his way thorough school!

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

If you can trust him, kids can be very productive.

Setting up remote is pretty cool. Try Radmin, it works fast. It won’t be slowed down by third party servers. It is a direct connection between the two computers.

There are some hurdles you will have to jump over to get it to work. Might be best to hire an IT gut to set it up. Once setup, the remote access is fairly easy, meaning you won’t have to send an IT guy to your son’s school.

Jon Olson

Len ,great idea. Our CAD drawer always works off site. Never a problem

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.