Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Anyone know anything about office phone systems? I just got a price of $3300.00 for 6 lines, the central box and installation. Is this pretty typical, or is there something more affordable. We currently have the 6 line phone system without the central box, but the system sucks.

KCWOOD

Andy,

2 years ago when I was on the board of directors for our local utility, we bid out a 8 line system. I wish i had all the info on that equipment. I know that our bids went every which way, the highest about triple than the lowest. We actually ended up going with a guy that was very unique about his bid. He was actually the lowest, but before he went to work he actually interviewed all the employees about the usage. We thought because we had 8 lines, we needed 8 lines. I believe we actually dropped down to 5 lines, that saved about $180/mo on the service and went with a busy rollover option. I think his bid was about $2800, but he ran new cat5 all over the building. (things cheaper here) They actually went with a maintainance contract too, but overall, the 5 lines did what the 8 did and we recouped the upgrade cost in about 2+ years.

Wish I had more info…. kc

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks Kelsey,

I will check into the rollover thing. May save us some money too.

Kisik Park

Andy, we have a rollover system as well. Every Friday around 5…we “rollover”! Actually, the system works great.

KCWOOD

Andy,

If that idea saves you money, just keep in mind my consulting fee is equal to the first years savings, or a cold beer in Orlando, whichever comes first

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Do you have any idea how many beers I am going to have to buy?

I would say one per member that goes to the show.

KCWOOD

OK… we’ll meet at seaworld and go to the Hospitality Center and drink free beer, and then go to the Brewmasters Club seminar, and get a few more.

See… there I go again.. saving you money!!

Matt Kraft

Andy,

We just switched to internet based phones. Pretty cool. I don’t know what everything cost, but you can check voice mail from anywhere thru a web link. (I know everyone can check voice mail from anywhere, but this DOESN’T REQUIRE A PHONE). You can remotely change every single option for your extenstion from anywhere. Forward to your cell phone, forward to receptionist. I reallly don’t utilize all the features that much, but its awesome. I will investigate further if you wish.

Matt

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Matt,

How many lines and how many different stations can you have?

Matt Kraft

Andy wrote

Matt,

How many lines and how many different stations can you have?

Andy,

I think we have 5 lines and 17 extensions, and a shop-wide loudspeaker paging system. Have no idea what the limitations are, we actually shared the cost of installing the T1 line with a laminate shop down the street about 1/2 mile. They run off the same line for internet and phone.

System is made by 3com. Its called NBX NetSet (phone). Or NBX V3000 Networked Telephony System.

Be glad to try and answer any specifics, but I am not an expert on the system.

Tammy Olson

Andy we use ring central ( http://www.ringcentral.com) it works great for us as it has the automated answering and direction to extensions (10 i think i have) automated recordings for hours, products, web info etc. I got tired of paying for all the phone lines, now we route to cell phones- cause we were paying for those anyway.

Tammy

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.