Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

hey everyone..I am a happy dude cause i won for my kitchen…and if youse want to steal the idea if someone wants paperstone that might not look as boring and plain…try inlaying other materials into that edge

hope it helps in these economic times

I know paperstone is a hard sell for some people…but with and for the right application it might help sales…if you need it..if not then disregard
    it is fun though working with it cause its new…have Fun

Paul Yonally

Gene,
    I love it, but I’m a PaperStone and Plyboo type of guy.
    Paul

Paul, Whatsabout Paperstone and Avonite as a mix???? I know ya would rather see Plyboo in it

Below we did the opposite..Avonite recycled series Kaliedescope w/PS

Paul Yonally

Gene,
    Very Nice!

Gene,

That bamboo in paperstone is very stricking.  I was just curious if the bamboo needs a sealer and what type, to protect it from water damage in an area like in front of the sink.  Also what adhesive method do you use to glue the bamboo into the edge?

Nice looking work.  You are inspirational.

Johnny C

Linda Graves

Gene,

We quit putting wood inlays in Corian years ago because there was a problem with the wood either drying out and shrinking or drawing damp and expanding, breaking away from the Corian.  I think DuPont would not warranty that type of application. 

Has Paperstone made any comments about joining the two materials? 

It looks great.

Linda

Linda Its not wood..its grass..LOl and its the plywood edge not a strip like I did the Hickory…It seems to work that way..if I inlayed the face of the plywood  showing..that might weird out on me…but on edge to show the core..it doesnt seem to shrink from 3/4″ to 5/8″..
    and i hope this dont make ya worry But most of my stuff is a warranty void anyway ..i also like the polyester SS as opposed to corian..between all the wierd inlays…I dont got a chance in HAIL to get replacements

oh yeah I also dont cut my seam blocks on an angle so I highly doubt they replace my sheets anyway
    I don not even bring up that issue of ten year LIMITED warranty cause I dont know how to explain the limited part…I was at a seminar hearing Martin funck speak and he said he doesnt worry about the warranties either…Its funny in alot of Corian magazines, etc..they seem to show off stuff that cant be warrantied?????

I do my research first, then I execute..so I hope it worx out…if not I’ll have to fix it…I just seem to have trouble selling a warrantied apporoved top…it seems like I get customers who want risky tops????

Anyway the Hickory still hasnt had any movement and its been awhile now..I still use the sink cutoput for hammer beating demostrations….

Johnny I use the two part epoxy..and then when you sand it flat wipe it with a few coats of wood oil…whatever ya got on the shelf…then do your normal Paperstone finish and wipe it all down with the mineral oil that ties it all in and wipe it dry til you see there is no residue…

Linda Graves

Gene,

I knew you would have already thought it through.  I just thought it would be interesting to hear how you approached the warranty issue on this type of application.

I would love to see the warranties shortened to a realistic time frame, and be less “limited”.  We have had so few claims, I don’t know why I care.

Linda

Oh yeah I meant to also Thank you for the compliment of saying it looks good…Andy and Val are good people..so you cant be too far from the tree..look forward to giving you a hug someday

I always get cautious of posting here some pictures of my experimental countertops…cause I know..what will happen…I try it and do my testing first…

I know it looks like i post everything I do..but the things i only post are the things that work out…I read and read all the manuals..I wasnt there the day they were printing them..or I would have proved easier and better ways to fabricate…especially Paperstone and LEED POINTS contribution, etc

I also realize manuals are written to protect the MFG and force the fabricator to limit his or her options to unique design…Most of the top designers of the world like the wackiest violations of warranty claims…we just gotta charge enuff to then to cover the loss if problems should happen

I do mess up alot…I am too egotistical at times to show all my screw ups…oops i just said I make mistakes…learn, learn, learn…I think the mountain of success for me is going to be on top of a bunch of mistakes,failures and bloopers…just trying to make sure I am not under or in that pile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.