Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey fabricators out there…I know youse saw my grout and mirror inlay How- to -do type thing…basically the same thing goes for coffee beans…

lightweight inlay objects hafta be glued down first or they will float to the top when you do your pour…but I dont know if this interests you but should the need arise to take care of customer…or those coffee shops out there…maybe this can help bring you some work…if youse need it

not sure if people are starting to inlay in Paperstone yet…that usually follows after you get bored with using it regularly…I wish I can thermoform it but it makes this loud cracking noise when ya heat it up oh yeah the Cashew oil smell is pretty interesting…brings the squirrels in my shop

ps Kowboy…i know I shoulda mitered the bambooone of these days i’ll do a “Coulda bin done easier project” hehehehehe  Im still learning

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

How did you keep the surface flat and level?  I would seem that it would be difficult with the paperstone because you have no leeway.

Do you mean the other paperstone colors? or the bamboo?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I appears the face of all the materials are flat.  But if you get the paperstone too high, you would sand through the top layer.

Does that make sense?

of course ..I put the samples together first with Glue so it was a 2 x 10 inch piece then I used the Dani clamps to glue up my bamboo scraps…then I laid a 1/8 piece of clear plexi down and allowed for that with the 3/8 inch PS samples on top of the plexi then I did all the inlay work..glue up with tape and clamps with bars to hold flat
    use any type of straight to clamp down masking tape over the epoxy so it dont stck to the straight bar…then I think you should have after everything is done sand it up and finish it

this was a display I made to show people the various colors and also not steal my samples…if they want to see the color and get the name just show them the bottom and sign them up a contract

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.