Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian Stone

Andy –
    I was looking for info on Paperstone and you are listed on their dealer list. You might want to contact them though because it does not have your URL listed with your info.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks for the Heads up on that.  I will contact them to see if they can add my URL with the other contact information.

Brian Stone

How long have you been using that material and how well has it held up over time?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We have not been using the material long at all.  We have done only two counters so far.  We also put in a small island top in our showroom to see the wear and tear.

It scratches more than I thought it would.  There are already a few scratches in the island that can’t be removed.  I will keep you posted on how it holds up.

Mark Mihalik

What are your methods for fabbing it?  I just got samples last week and was not real impressed.  I want to offer it as another green product, just want to know it will hold up.  Any info would be appreciated.

PM me if you like.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I’ll post here.  I have no problem sharing what I see with particular products.  If the manufacturers don’t like it, they can call me.

I fabbed it more like wood.  I cut the shape with cnc, routed edge and sanded.  That is all there is to it.  On the seam, just make a mirror cut or perfectly tight seam and then expoxy or use super glue.  Sand the seam flat to match the surrounding area and that is it.

The PaperStone is a real neat looking product.  I just don’t have enough experience with it to know how much I can do to the surface before I sand through.  I sanded one top quite a bit and it looked awesome.  Just made me nervous when I did it.

The scratches are another real concern.  There is no prescribed way to handle them.  The large scratch I had was deep, so i filled with dust an crazy glue.  It eliminated most of the look and feel of the scratch, but you still could tell it was there.

To really give it a fair shot, try to get a larger piece, cut a seam and sand it.

We have a display in our showroom and people either love it or hate it.  I like it when it is sanded smooth with the carnuba wax finish.

Mark Mihalik

Thanks for the response.  I want to get a larger piece to play with.  Do they have a fab manual that I can get?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

They have a manual, although it is very limited.  Check out their website http://www.paperstoneproducts.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.