Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Oye Alle

Wondering if anyone is getting any tooling from China and what there experience has been.

Jon Olson

not me

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Most of the stuff out of Harbor Freight is from China. Are you looking for large quantities? Lenny might be the man for you.

NOT ME! Come on Jon surely some of your suppliers are providing you with some items from China!

Posted By Oye Alle on 07 Apr 2011 02:32 PM
    Wondering if anyone is getting any tooling from China and what there experience has been.

What kind of tooling are you talking about?

Brian Stone

I would assume that it’s for fabricating stone.

Jon Olson

Mike ,do take out restaurants  count?

They sure do! Next time they ring you up see if they actually key in anything, down here they press the button to open the drawer (for cash payment) and nothing registers. I’ll bet some of that cash is making it back to China one way or another

Hello

If you would like to test pads/blades from China, You could try out our store http://www.diamondtoolzone.com
    Our advantages are:
    –Easy purchase on stone diamond tools.
    –Can customize tools according to your need.
    –All tools have been tested
    –Good price
    –Money back guarantee

Len Smith

If I can avoid buying ANYTHING that is made in China, I do. I don’t have anything against China per se, apart from boatloads of shoddy goods making their way here, and apart from the Chinese government’s indifference to corporate piracy.

I just think the only way to make sure we still manufacture goods here in the US is to buy them whenever possible.

To put it in a more humorous context:

Lenny E

Tooling is like anything else in China. It varies from great to awful. There’s a heck of a lot of guys up in Xiamen working stone with Chinese tooling.

Sourcing direct may save you some money, but that would require container load quantities.

Jeff Vickers

I noted with interest that quite a bit of the Festo stuff has its roots in China, as do parts of my BMW motorcycle!

It takes time to select the right Chinese tools and suppliers, more importantly is to communicate and understand how the mind of Chinese businesspeople works. Many buyers get very frustrated at very beginning with Chinese suppliers…

When sourcing direct from China, it is not necessaries to always buy container load quantities, but you will always hear from suppliers that quantity is too small, in many cases, it is just a way to test how you will react if it is worth for them to go for it…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.