Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shane Barker

Jon,

I just noticed Sterling Surfaces add, nice. I was wondering
    how much outsourcing you guys do. Is it a big part of your business? I have
    done some and I really enjoy doing it but I don’t advertise for it. I am not
    really sure if it is something I would want to do a lot of or not. I am sure
    there can be drawbacks to it. What are your thoughts? And anyone else that does
    CNC outsourcing.

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We do it a little because it is a great way to make money with the CNC. The fact is most people don’t have one so when they need it they are willing to pay for it. Sometimes it is hard to fit the people in time wise though because it is sometimes difficult to figure a time for their odd job.

I just finished up a $3000 job with the CNC. It is basically cutting parts out of teflon material. Straight labor with no material cost. Pays the bills I guess.

Shane Barker

Teflon… How was that to cut?

Shane

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Teflon is real easy to cut, but it tends to make little hairs when cut so it clogs the dust collector. Not a huge problem but you have to stay on top of it. The teflon doesn’t suck down to the table either. You have to hold it down with screws into the spoilboard.

Jon Olson

Hey Shane Thanks. Do you think the Lettering needs to be darker?

We only outsource Solid Surface jobs. But if the right job came along.

Its mainly projects that another fabricator have that requires Thermo-forming or a Large volume CNC project. We keep it private so the fabricator can claim there name on the project. I wanted an add so as to do more in this field.

We not only have the tools but also a nice CAD division and project mangers that can assist thru out the project.

Andy dont they call you Teflon Andy

Shane Barker
    Good luck with the ad Jon, I think the lettering looks fine.

Shane

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.