Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Matt Kraft

Not sure if this particular piece has been reviewed here or not, but we just got one about 6 weeks ago and its the best material handling purchase we’ve ever made.

Absolutely the best thing we’ve ever bought for heavy quartz tops.  We can clamp monster pieces onto this thing, roll em right down the ramp out of the truck, (no ground clearance issues even with long tops), across the yard if need be, up 1-2 steps without really lifting, cross thresholds etc.  52″ x 118″ island last week (~700#).  No issues, very safe installation.

Highly recommend, despite the $700+ price tag.

Anyone else using one?

Tom M

Matt, do you fabricate this stuff now?

Here’s a link, by the way.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Hey Matt,

Do you use it for solid surface also? Looks pretty well made. Is it made out of Aluminum?

Matt Kraft

Tom, we are NOT fabricating quartz.  But we picked up a second vendor that is doing Cambria, in addition to our current vendor that will Silestone, Viatera, and HanStone.  The Cambria is killing it.  I think we installed 14 Cambria kitchens in March, compared to 6 total quartz jobs last March.  We’ve got multiple weeks worth of installation pending either fabrication or measuring right now in Cambria.

Andy, we’ve used it a couple times for SS tops also.  Its a great piece of equipment.  All aluminum square tube construction.  Weighs < 50#.

We paid a little more for the folding kit, well worth it for our storage needs.

Brian Stone

You may want to be careful dealing with that particular slab manufacturer. They don’t have the best reputation in the stone fabrication community. They have a habit of selling to local installers and fabricators. Then after the installers / fabricators convince the all of their sales base that it is a good product, the manufacturer says that they won’t sell to them any more and they go direct to the sales base.

We sold that product for years. Then one week they came in and said that they wouldn’t sell to us any more. They gave a list of everyone that we ever sold to…contractors, cabinet dealers, and so on to one of our competitors and said call these people, we want you to sell Cambria to them now.

If you have any doubts, check out http://forum.stonefabricatorsalliance.com/ and ask what everyone thinks of that company.

Tom M

Brian, a link to the posts(s) would be helpful. Thank you.

Wow Matt, thanks for the great little review of our Pro-Cart! 

We work very hard to design and manufacturer the best tools we can that we believe will be a great help to fabricators and that will last for MANY years.  It is really nice to hear when someone lets us and others know that we are on the right track.

Just an FYI, there is another cart out there (made in China) that is a copy of ours (and is obviously cheaper), but it does not compare.  There are many things about it that I believe would make it fail and present a serious safety hazard.  We fully stand behind our products with a 1 year warranty against manufacturers defects, and we take pride in what we do, so you know that if you ever had a problem, we would never “ditch” you.

Please call me if you ever have a question about us or any of our products!  I am always happy to help.

And thanks to the Fabricator Network for a great forum, I look forward to spending some more time here.

Brian Stone

Posted By Tom M on 19 Apr 2010 05:09 PM

Brian, a link to the posts(s) would be helpful. Thank you.

I have a number of links to posts, unfortunately they are all in the member’s area so unless you pay the dues you can’t get to them. I’m sure there are a number of them in the general forum but they’re hard to find since they are buried in the search results.

I’m sure Joe can attest to the number of negative posts about the cheese makers.

Tom M

Brian,
    I remember some discussions and either links to the posts or perhaps a copy and paste thingy. What was described had been done in the solid surface industry as well, but even years before.

My Cambria fabricator does our work because of who he is and the work they do, not just the brand they work with. Trust me, he is a competitor in solid surface, so if he isn’t all that he won’t be fabricating for me. Should Cambria horn in and try to self fab or go with a lickspittle kiss *ss, I iwll more than likely not use the brand at all. I am not going to risk my reputation on someone who has been shoved down my throat.

And if my fabricator and I helped to make the reputation of the product, you can bet your butt we can unmake it as well. Loyalty goes in two directions.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

There are so many quartz manufacturers out there, I find it amazing that anyone would sell the product if the manufacturer were stealing customers in your area.

We also have an Omni Cart and find it to be a well made and useful bit of kit. Our heaviest tops that require its services are those with thickened fascias of up to 100mm so we’ve had to adapt the “throat” by adding a “U” shaped piece of MDF wide enough to accomodate the thicker fascias.

As ever, you can get stuff cheaper but quality costs. We apply the same principles to our business.

Patrick,
    If you have the current “Bolted Design for the Clamp Uprights” with a 3/8″ spacer (see attached photo), then we can get longer bolts and a thicker spacer to accommodate your extra thick tops.  We have done this for a company before who made thick shower basins and needed the clamps to open much wider.

I’m sure your MDF modification works, but I know this would probably work much better and last much longer. 

I would need to know exactly how far open you want it to go, then I can price out the bolts and spacers, but I know it would be very reasonable.

Just let me know if I can help.

Matt Kraft

Brian,

Thanks for the words of warning, but we are more than comfortable with the relationship we have with Cambria. We’ve been using it for about 15 months and have had more support from the factory and better communication about what we need for our market in that time than we’ve ever received from any of our SS sheet vendors or slab vendors for any of the quartz we’ve sold over the past 5 years.

The situation is solid in our market, and we are able to deliver high quality tops on time for a competitive price. I have heard of issues in other markets, none here so far.

Matt

Paul Bingham

We have one as well. Got it about 6 months ago. My guys love it! Makes 600 to 700 # island tops a breeze. 

Paul

Posted By Paul Bingham on 28 Apr 2010 08:25 PM

We have one as well. Got it about 6 months ago. My guys love it! Makes 600 to 700 # island tops a breeze. 

Paul

Thanks Paul!
    All this talk about island breezes makes me want to go on vacation to Hawaii!! 

Does any one else have a Pro-Cart or Pro-Dolly?  We would love to hear what you think about it and how you use it.  I know your informal review would be helpful to others.  Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.