Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dani Homrich

I went to my job yesterday to install 3 more tops and pull a deck seam together and what do I see, YES THIS!!!!

Yes the painter was using my tops as a scaffolding. Amber Glass is difficult to finish as it is without having to sand out scratches and ground in sand from concrete floor. This is Friday the equipment is going in on Monday and the job is in Downtown Detroit where is takes sometimes 30 min to get a parking place near the store.  What a bummer. 

That is deplorable.  Maybe you should scuff your vacuum cleaner up against the walls and other painted surfaces on you way to the work area.  Don’t forget to say”oops”

But seriously, send the painting firm a bill for refinishing the tops.  They may not pay it, but it might leave an impression whith them that they should be more respectfull of other trades.

Johnny C

Tom M

Serious question, Dani:
    The owner/GC wants it done in time. You know how hard it will be to get a pledge for payment from the perpetrator.

How did you resolve this?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I would bill the General Contractor so he can deduct it from what he owes the painter. Email the pictures along with bill.

Len Smith

We often find electricians standing on vanity tops to install lights over the mirrors.

Caught a dry wall guy standing in a solid surface sink so that he could reach a patch in the soffit above the sink.  I had just installed the countertop.  I minced no words and he clearly understood my displeasure.

Johnny c

Dani,
    It does look like a step We cover ourselves with a sign off sheet at time of installation. And we give the super on the job verbal warnings that if the tops get damaged in anyway and need to be repaired or refinished they will be charged. And we do execute a change order which is signed before we do anything. It’s been a few years since we’ve had any issues.

Dani:

I saw the cardboard templates you made for this job. You didn’t tape the templates over the tops after install? On a commercial job? And now footprints are surprising?

Joe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.