Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I usually send 2 guys to do a kitchen install. What is the norm for installing Stone? I was thinking I would need at least four guys, especially on the bigger jobs.

I always send 2 guys. The exception is on granite jobs where you would need 3-4 to carry very large tops, and then I send the required amount in a different vehicle to return once tops are in place.

Rod Schafer

90% of the time we install with a 2 man crew. After that we often beg a little help from the contractor, or some times use a labor ready service. The extra help is usually only needed to get the stone or quartz into the house.

Dan Skrlin

Over at stoneadvice.com, they are allways complaining about their backs, no wonder. I look at stone as extra work and don’t want to injure my guys, so I plan on having one man per 100 to 125 pounds. Overkill, but given the cost of a workers comp claim……..

I was sealing a top today and took the time to educate the homeowner while I was working. Said the same things that I told her in the sales pitch on different countertops materials , but this time you could tell by the look on her face that it was sinking in. She now understands what I meant when I told her she wasn’t buying a top, she was adopting one.

No pizza boxes, blot up not wipe up spills, place mats, coasters, no harsh cleaners allowed, test water absorbtion every few months, clean top before re sealing and let it dry for 24 hours before resealing, then allow to dry 24 hours after sealing before use, and no warrantee, if it breaks or stains, well that is what it does.

Nice seam though…..

Same here for amount of help, usually just two but for larger jobs send another vehicle with two more for a short time. We have a very good relationship with a great chiropractor and actually get a disount. The employees love it, get the backs worked on every once in a while a feel good as new. We started doing that around four years ago and it cut down on workers comp claims and got the employees back in with out losing any days.

John

Wags

I bet a good lawyer (is that an oxymoron or what) would use you paying for a chiropractor as an admission that what you had your people doing was harmful to them. That scares the he** out of me. Tell me again why everyone wants to get into stone?

They want to get in to stone and ARE in to stone because it sure beats standing around with their thumbs firmly implanted in…

markspend

Wags,

Selling stone and reasearching it shows me the weak points of the product. I learn something everyday that can be used to market solid surface over stone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.