Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Gerard
    Lenny E

Thanks David.

Red Green, that guy used to make me LMAO!

No Red Green in China. I cant link u-tube. China ya know. My VPN is down for the count. 

BTW, I have to go wash the ‘Peoples Car” so I gotta run, dammit!
    Tom M

Ahhh, back when PBS had decent comedy and less fundraisers.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That’s not how we cooked our Christmas dinner but I could swear it probably tasted like that looked.

David Gerard

Tom,  ya..the fund drives!  Well PBS lost lots of fed funding but hey..Id rather it be more publicly funded.  

We dont have any other form of TV in my house other than a few network channels but PBS is my fav.  No commercials.  If I want to see Discovery channel  peeps I go to the general store down the road Fritz Creek.

the Kilchers(last frontier) are there, Hilstrands (deadliest catch time bandit) live 2 houses away and Aldefer reality(buying alaska) is everywhere and I can call up Vernen from “bering sea gold” anytime.  Give me PBS anytime 
    David Gerard

Lenny, I tried to break up my sentences but once I post they bunch up…sorry

Tom M

I hear ya, David, but you will not get a fair hearing of the news on PBS. They have an agenda just like the alphabit networks do, the difference being my tax dollard funding it.

The music is not as top shelf as it used to be, but PBS still has the gems, like Austin City Limits and some of teh American Masters specials. The local station will run specials from that great concert hall in (New MIlford? New Fairfiled? can’t remember) and other local haunts. The Springfield station will occasional feature music from Northampton, one of the true musical gems in the area.

David Gerard

ah, North Hamptom..one of America’s acoustic guitar building gurus lives there http://www.cumpiano.com/

Have you been playing much Tom? Our band is getting regular gigs. We try to keep it once or twice per month since we just play in town. 7 members now! oh ya…a big a$$ sound. “seven nation army” featuring banjo and fiddle

Tom M

Nah. I’ve lost a lot of the desire to play out. Once Kyle moved away (currently residing in Brazil) I haven’t put in the effort to find a partner who I worked as well with and sounded as good with. maybe after the economy gets humming I will have the time and the drive.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.