Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    KCWOOD
    Get this….. I just talked with a guy that flew to california. When he went to the gate… they would not let him bring aboard his keyless entry fob on his key ring. Those are not allowed anymore. He said it took him 3 hrs to get through security and he missed his flight. He said the airports are crazy now. When you go up the security point, and you have say toothpaste, you have 2 options. Throw it away, or take it back to luggage check in and place it in a bag… like you would have one.. and check it. He said a friend of his flew out of Canada, and always brings back duty free bourbon. The duty free shops are all closed, because no one can take it on board now. The duty free shops are always gate side of security, so the only way you could carry it back was as carryon. That is all over now.

My haven’t things changed

There goes my duty free shopping in the caribbean in a couple of months [EMO]sad.gif[/EMO]
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Before you know it, we won’t be able to be dressed to get on the plane. Everyone naked. That way there will be absolutely no threat.

Most of that is only because we are in the “red” zone. Should be over this week then back to orange when everything was alright. My wife works for the port authority in Fort Myers so I get to here all kinds of good stories like this. It appears some people have made some really wild bombs that you would not even think of looking for. The Isreali Air Lines is far beyond anything like this and they have been that way for years.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I hear in Isreal, they will interview all males traveling by themselves. And if you purchase a one-way ticket, you will have a hell of a time getting through.

Andy

KCWOOD

we flew in Winnipeg and going through customs, we were asked why, when where, everything about our trip. Even called the fishing resort we were booked at, to confirm our story and the reason for our trip. They were very thorough. Then we come back into the states, we were asked if we have more than 4 fish frozen, and that was about it. Handed my ID to the agent upside down and he just glance and said thank you.. and I was in.

So John, how are things in Ft Myers area. We would go to Sanibel every year until the hurricane hit. When we saw all the pics of the trees down and the devastation on Captiva, and Usseppa… we have not wanted to return. Thinking about it though…. That was really our favorite vacation spot..

Kelsey

Well all of the resorts are open again and for the most part you would never know anything happened in Fort Myers. The Sanibel Harbour Resort is very nice still. I actually live in Pport Charlotte and work in Fort Myers. We had Charlie through our area the year before and this town is totally different.

John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.