Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MULTINELLI

Hey all,

I need some info on Costa Esmeralda granite and Creama Marfil Marble. Any issues for fabrication that a newbie needs to know, general price range, and whether or not it has enough grain that the off fall can’t be flipped 90 degrees and still match up.

Got a large L, 87″ on one leg, 174″ long on the other. I figure running the 87″ longwise on the slab, then if I can rip a 108″ strip off another slab, complete the L with only one seam. Assuming movement allows, or the material has no grain preventing this.

Plan B is to have two seams on hte 174″ leg, again using the long side of the slab for the 87″, then on another slab, cutting two sections with the grain running the same way (across the short width of the slab.

The Creama Marfil is two vanity tops, 109″ long, easy enough but locally, all we can find is 104″ long. Is this a normal length for marble? Found some other types of marble that are 110 to 120″ but the customer is sticking with their choice of Creama Marfil.

Also there is a large tub deck, 84 x 41, with maybe six inches left around the perimeter. Is it adviseable to do this in one section? Too weak? Shouldn’t be too heavy, and I beleive in bringing plent of help to a stone install.

Thanks,

Al

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.