Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Shell

I have been vacant from the board for some time. I am still the manager for EOS Surfaces but have some major things happening in my little life. As some of you know I am a veteran MMA/Martial Arts/Pit Fighter. I retired after my final fight in 2010 but multiple things have pulled me out of retirement for one more fight. My final fight was put together by my promoter on my 43rd birthday, September 15th 2012, I am fighting with a heart condition that has my heart working at about 60% of a healthy heart, I am fighting my former business partner (we owned a fight gym together), and I am part of an organization DDR, Detroit Dog Rescue that saves homeless, and abused dogs and also helps break up Dog Fighting rings in the City of Detroit.
    My original intent was to fight Michael Vick of the Eagles because of his Dog Fighting ring that he owned causing the death of 100’s of innocent dogs but his management declined and asked me to never speak of it again. The promoter loved the idea so much that he is making a large donation to the Dog Rescue on my behalf.
    I spent alot of time promoting these details on Facebook and received a call from a movie studio, The Motion Picture Institute, and they asked me to come in and meet with them. The producer and dirtector sat me down and said “there is more drama in your life than all the Rocky’s put together, will you let us film your struggle, your involvement with the dogs and your final fight for a full length feature film?”
    Well, after you watch the Movie trailer below you will quickly figure out my answer. I never thought I would be the star of a full length film but here I go!zu
    I am still remaining on as the manager of EOS and aside from some bumps and bruises, and maybe a detached muscle or 2 I will continue to grow the business and introduce new and exciting surfaces.
    My day consists of a 5am visit to the gym for Cardio training (remember I have a weak heart) consisting of 200 flights of stairs, 3 miles on the treadmill, and weights. I then return to my EOS office and work a full day. After work I go to one of 3 fight clubs to train striking, Ju Jitzsu and Muay Thai for 3-5 hours per night.
    I took this fight weighing in at 243lbs and I am fighting @ 185lbs, today I weighed in at 196.8lbs and I have almost 5 weeks till my final fight.
    The fight is in Auburn Hills Michigan for the Impact Fight League, the promoter just signed a television deal and the event will be televised on a major network as a 3 hour TV event. I am fighting as the Co-main event of the night, I turned down the main event slot, I dont like that when my fight is done the crowd is running for the parking lot, I want to enjoy my moment with everyone and relax for the final fight.
    Anyone that would like to attend this event can contact me and I will provise you with discounted tickets, it would be an honor to have your support.
    Please check out our movie trailer and stay tuned as we will complete filming 2 weeks after my fight and after post production plan a release near Christmas. The studio’s last two films sold to Showtime, and Starz, one featured the late David Carridean. The studio has approached Morgan Freeman and Kevin Bacon as dog lovers to do the voice over for the film, we are awaiting reply, I have also heard from UFC legends Pat Miletich and Ken Shamrock whom both want to work on the film with me! This is a dream come true for me but I will never leave my roots of the surfacing industry. Thanks to all of you for your support. If you are on Face book please find me under “Gordon Shell” or my movie page http://www.facebook.com/thedogfightermovie.
    here is the movie trailer……………………

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKUr-3_8zjc&feature=player_embedded

http://youtu.be/yKUr-3_8zjc

Gordon Shell

These are the Elevation Training Masks I use to increase my cardio and strengthen my heart for the fight and the rest of my life.
    Both masks simulate me training at 8000-16000 feet elevation, restricting oxygen and strengthening my heart and lungs while increasing red blood cells for recuperation.

David Gerard

good luck with your endevor..stay well.

Lenny E

Good luck Gordon. That’s a Very nice project. That’s one of the great things about life, we can never predict what interesting things are waiting just around the next bend in the road.

Jon Olson

Gordon, nothing better than a man that loves animals.  My grand mother judged people on how they treated animals and kids. That’s how she new what was in there heart. So in my mind  your a good man.

Be safe

Gordon Shell

Thank you all for your kind words, this project is a passion of mine and a dream come true to be a part of.

Even though we are in full production of The Dog Fighter, movies take money to complete and we have some major stars in negotiations for portions of the film, please go to our donation page and help us cover some of the costs.
    The final movie will go to a major network or possible theatrical release and a portion of the profits will go back to the dogs! Please help us make this a reality and a hit worldwide, as little as 5.00 helps! Thank you!
    The page below will allow you to make donations, each level of donation has a reward attached, all the way up to a credit on the film. Purchase the VIP table seats and be featured in the film during my last fight. Please watch the Movie trailer on the page all the way thru, I speak at the end and explain our plan.
    http://igg.me/p/201517

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Honestly you look scary as hell.

That is pretty cool all the money is going to the DDR. Not to mention the video production is really cool.

You’re a movie star.

Bill Wolle

Gordon, all I can say is becareful and be well. What you are doing will be well rewarded.

Gordon Shell

This has made it to CNN, if you vote at the bottom it is possible for me to be lead story, please vote for me. Thanks

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-849971?fb_action_ids=466010750097581&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=timeline_og&action_object_map={%22466010750097581%22%3A334907006605787}&action_type_map={%22466010750097581%22%3A%22og.recommends%22}&action_ref_map=[]

Gordon Shell

I dropped 62.5 lbs for this fight, tore both Knees, 2 dettached ribs, broken nose, 2 sprained ankles, a detached bicep, and 3 dislocated toes……that was just the training, I ended up Knocking out my 23-3 opponent in 38 seconds in the first round!
    All the proceeds from my tickets went to the Michigan Humane Society, plus they sold shirts and took donations at the event, nearly $7000. raised to combat Dog Fighting. My goal is to fight Mike Vick before I retire to get revenge for the dogs he abused tortured and killed.
    The movie will come out during the holidays, below is a quick highlight from the event, oh and it was ON my 43rd Birthday, pretty good party with about 5000 screaming fans!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bay6IObVt4&sns=fb

Lenny E

Posted By Gordon Shell on 03 Oct 2012 07:15 PM

I dropped 62.5 lbs for this fight, tore both Knees, 2 dettached ribs, broken nose, 2 sprained ankles, a detached bicep, and 3 dislocated toes……that was just the training, I ended up Knocking out my 23-3 opponent in 38 seconds in the first round!
    All the proceeds from my tickets went to the Michigan Humane Society, plus they sold shirts and took donations at the event, nearly $7000. raised to combat Dog Fighting. My goal is to fight Mike Vick before I retire to get revenge for the dogs he abused tortured and killed.
    The movie will come out during the holidays, below is a quick highlight from the event, oh and it was ON my 43rd Birthday, pretty good party with about 5000 screaming fans!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bay6IObVt4&sns=fb

Gordon,

Congrats!

That’s like 50 shades of Cool, right there! 

Pound Vick into the ground like a nail, when you get the chance.
    Gordon Shell

Thanks Lenny, that is the plan

Tom M

Gordon, I saw a repeat of the Bruce Lee special on spike last night. There was an interesting bit about whether he was the father of MMA or Gene LaBelle (sp?). Either way, he certainly laid out the path.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.