Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fred Hueston

hey guys and gals..they finally released my new video, check it out

Alpha Professional Tools® is proud to release the second DVD in their series of educational training videos. This video focuses on fabricating and installing granite countertop blanks. Pre-fabricated blanks are more popular than ever due to the ease of handling and the amount of work to make a custom countertop. This video walks the viewer through the various steps to complete three different levels of projects. Start from a small all-in-one vanity top, to a custom double-sink vanity and finally a large custom kitchen countertop and peninsula. For anyone who wants to learn the proper techniques to make a beautiful countertop with ease, this video is for you! Watch a sample! Get detailed information or specifications! This email was sent by: 103 Bauer Drive ● Oakland, New Jersey 07436 Tel: 800-648-7229 ● Fax: 800-286-0114 http://www.alpha-tools.com

Eli Polite

does it cover all the inherent risks of doing granite. does it explain that people get seriously injure every year trying to do granite on there own just the other day a man was killed trying to do his own granite kitchen. the only reason stuff like this bothers me is people rely do get hurt even professionals that handle it every day get hurt. i have seen broken feet,hands,cuts, concussions, and the list go’s on but no one stops to think about that

not to mention the skid mark that poor craftsmanship leaves on the industry i understand there is a market for it. but most people just associate it all as the same industry and its not.

hey i have an idea let lows start selling solid surface blanks along with do it your self videos solid surface is a a lot safer than granite

Posted By politefab on 13 Jan 2009 10:40 PM
    does it cover all the inherent risks of doing granite. does it explain that people get seriously injure every year trying to do granite on there own just the other day a man was killed trying to do his own granite kitchen. the only reason stuff like this bothers me is people rely do get hurt even professionals that handle it every day get hurt. i have seen broken feet,hands,cuts, concussions, and the list go’s on but no one stops to think about that

not to mention the skid mark that poor craftsmanship leaves on the industry i understand there is a market for it. but most people just associate it all as the same industry and its not.

hey i have an idea let lows start selling solid surface blanks along with do it your self videos solid surface is a a lot safer than granite

Eli:

Your concerns for the safety of fabricators ring hollow.

Where was your voice when I pointed out the insanity of SFA member Brian Biggs allowing his eight-year-old son to operate a polisher, pictured without safety glasses, hearing protection and wearing oversize trip-hazard boots? This activity is specifically prohibited by this tool manufacturer and children in Florida, Brian’s home state at the time, aren’t even allowed to deliver newspapers until they are twelve years old, let alone operate dangerous power equipment.

Your concerns for the safety of fabricators would carry much more weight with me had you the courage to post for the safety of an eight-year-old. When presented the opportunity, you were unsupportive and remain so to this day.

I checked out Fred’s video clip and while I can understand the seeming do-it-yourself tone, any homeowner who sees the tools and equipment in this video will soon realize that self-performing granite fabrication is not cost-effective and will quickly lose interest. The rack on which they load the blanks is worth more than a vanity top in addition to the rail saw, grinder, hole saw and tooling pictured in the video. Granite professionals have nothing to fear from this video, but could become more knowledgeable and therefore more profitable.

Joe

Chad Thomas

Fred,

This isn’t really targeted at DIY’s is it?

If anything, I think viewers will see the need for a professional.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.