Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The new Internet Explorer is out and is pretty cool. It has Tab browsing and a built in google bar. Check it out.

John Murphy

And for some reason puts more crap on my PC’s than anything else. My IT guy says styay away from it!

Mory Ludwick

Dave,

You must not have gotten the Omaha, Nebraska version. I downloaded it and seems to be working fine. I like some of the features, they are pretty nice. The only thing I don’t like is that you get used to where everything is at and they go and change it. So I supposed I’ll let my 7 year old play with it for a few hours and he can tell me where everything is at. Old dogs still learning new tricks. The last two browsers they have come out with they say the same thing, stay away from them. Just make sure you click the buttons that you don’t want all the extra stuff when you fill out the form.

Mory

Tom M
    Does anyone know how it compares with firefox?

Tom

ABE

Mory, I was referring to the last versions. I’m firmly convinced they create mung in any version so as to keep computer repair dude busy. Quite frankly, I think it’s all a perpetual scam.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

They have a feature called clear text. It makes viewing the internet really nice. TABS are awsome. Firefox has the same features except for the clear text feature.

Rob Parker

Personally I like the Advanced Browser myself but its a pretty good version of IE. As with most Ms stuff its has its crashes. If its security your worrying about…use a Mac since most of the virus and bullcrap is written for Windows based pc apps.

Amir Azami

Just be aware that some applications don’t like to get along with IE7 much such as my security Gateway. I have to use the old explorer to made config changes.

Amir Azami

Andy, I have no edit. should have been “such as”

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Do you ever use Firefox for those type of changes to your security gateway.

Shane Barker

I love the new explorer, I am getting spoiled with the tabs and I have been using it for about three weeks now and have had no problems.

Shane

Amir Azami

Yup I use Firefox on my system with IE7 installed to cover the things I can’t do.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.