Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mory Ludwick

I have a small problem, maybe someone can help me figure this out. I have a Treo cell phone with a built in MP3 player. It actually uses Real Player. I have no problems syncing my phone with my laptop (my laptop leaves the office with me every night and so do my e-mails), but I haven’t figured out how to convert some of my CD’s into MP3’s. I know how to transfer them to my chip. I just can’t figure out the rest.

Thanks

Mory

Tom M
    Mory,
    I don’t know if it is still available, but there was a fairly inexpensive audio editing software called “Pyro” (by Cakewalk). One of its easier functions was converting format. I believe, if you’re using win 2000 there was some audio conversion software, but Pyro kicked it’s butt.

I run Pyro, and Cubase (semi-pro audio software) that can take a .wav file (CD audio) and convert it to Real, or mp3 types. If you want, send me whatever format you have (if it fits through the innernets) and I’ll see what I can do.

Tom

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Mory,

• Put CD in computer
    • Start Windows Media Player
    • “RIP” the songs to MP3
    • Transfer the songs to the SD card and they will play just fine
    • Songs must be on the card to work on the Real Player

Ripping music is just a way of taking it off the CD. You will see the tab at the top of WMP.

Tom M
    Andy,
    Isn’t the default for windows media .wma?
    Will Mory have to go into options to change to .mp3?

Tom

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Probably, not sure. I don’t rip songs very much.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.