Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Egner

OK, this is getting confusing! Could you glue manufactures please make up your mind on what mixing tip fits what glue cartridge you’re supplying the fabricators? I know this probably takes a corporate meeting of mass proportions around a 40′ board room table to make a decision but…help a brother out will ya?

Let’s see, forever the Corian tip of choice was the MCX 08-18 for the MIXPAC 400 guns. Then came along the 5.4-16S mini tip for the 50ML guns. Everybody else used the MFX 08-18 tip on the MIXPAC 200 gun for anything other than Corian. Of course, INTEGRA has the SULZER QUADRO tip( I think)…4 sided, green spinner. I’m getting calls from Corian fabricators that their MCX tips don’t work(you’d think they would be informed of this) they’re in a panic so we send them MFX tips and it works.. Then their next order of glue comes in and back to the MCX tip. GEEEZ! You guys probably know more about this than me but, today I was told that Dupont requires the MFX on only 6 colors right now. True?

Dave

KCWOOD

To add to the confusion more Dave… The tips I just got today with the Integra Adhesive was the Quadro 7.5 but it has an “orange” mixer… are the green the same??

KC

KC, I was told just today that the green or orange mixer in the center is the same. Perhaps Integra could chime in on this. We stock 4 differant types of mixer…and have always covered the market 100%. Just trying to make sure we always will.

Dave

andresek

Well KC, another variable…had a regular customer come in at 5 to 5 today. He was holding a square mix tip with the orange spinner like you desribed. Said we had them with the green spinner and held the 2 up next to each other. The orange was…LONGER! EEEGADS! But, the spinner was the same…the mounting hole the same…just a differance in length. He bought some and away he went. He said it was for a Meganite job.

It’s the weekend…I’m outa here…Dave

Dave,

You should be liking this, because shops like mine have to stock all the tips you carry. As far as all the colors in my area that corian has in glue they all take the MCX. Some of the older integra cartridges, and a couple others, that are still out due to the sheet suppliers they use the MFX. All the new, for the past year, glue from Integra uses the square tips and yes the orange and green are the same. Probably just different manufacturers, all the ones from Integra are orange.

Rumor has it there is another catridge coming out that is totally different. Just kidding. We could always go back to packets though.

John

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I remember gluing edges on with super glue about 20 years ago.

Then came the Avonite glue in a can and then you mixed in the colorant. The stuff took about 12 hours to dry. Now those were the days.

Andy, if you want to go back to the old days, please visit one of our finest manufactures at:

http://www.palmlabsadhesives.com and we can help you with ALL your super glue needs!

jchristina, the square tips with orange or green spinners are manufactured by the same company: They both have “SULZER QUADRO” on the side of the tube. Here’s the bottom line, if the tip is made, FEDSAW has it! Why? We do our homework…even if it’s at Fergs Sprorts Bar!

Dave

Dave,

Next time I am in that neck of the woods I can help you do some research.

John

Why surely John…that would be “research assistant” and it’s a very important task. With this position, I believe you choose how hot the wings are and how many to get…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.