Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Sue Turner

Are you guys talking about the little Fab. Manuel that had you tape a dowel in the corner and fill the gap with joint adhesive for your inside rad. corner?

I have still got that one and when I show it to the sales people for Corian they just shake their heads

Bill Wolle

William, I have that one as well. The first one I have is dated 1972! That is before seam adhesive. Later today I will try to post some pictures from the manual. It may take time to figure that out.

Tom M

Yeah, this one Fred in his station wagon, probably at his house, doing an installation. The seam was to be v-grooved (no, not like we mean today, I mean a router cutting a “V” down the seam split) and caulking it together, using phenoseal.

Bill, so far the earliest pricing I have was from 1976, along with that brochure showing the edges all stacked with wood or brass in the middle, or stepped back build up.

One article I know I have somewhere, but have yet to find, is the original Poular Mechanics Article, with the lathe- turned corian on the first page.

Jon Olson
    Andy I’ve got your back. I have over four projects promised to family members this year. No time to busy working.

Bill Wolle

I am trying this, not sure if it will work. Here is the cover of the first 1972 Corian fab manual, a page on uses and a page for cutouts. I particularly like cracking the walnot on the countertop with a hammer and the clothes the guys are wearing. Please tell me I didn’t look like that ever.

Tom M

Awesome!!!111!!
    If I remember right, the kid pouring the grape juice was from an early ad.

Bill, you brought a tear to my eye.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have some of those manuals as well. Guess we cannot fab to those standards anymore.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.