Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mory Ludwick

All,

If you notice in the photo gallery under material handling, I posted a bunch of pictures showing how we are currently handling our material and installs. We stole this from the granite guys. With as many installs as we do and the price of gas, labor, etc. We started to use these A-frames. By doing this, it allows us to load two kitchens per A-frame very securely. We can load two A-frames that would be four kitchens per crew. Since we do alot of new construction, that is very feasible for our crews to do. Most of the time they are drop and go or just one field seam. This also stops our trucks from making a return trip to the shop to reload. The carts are very portable and move easily within the shop. When they are ready to be laoded, they are lifted into the trucks with a forklift. They are then locked to the truck floor with pins and off they go. When they return they are unloaded with the forklift and new A-frames are put in place. This also eliminates the manual loading of trucks. We purchased these particular A-frames from GranQuartz. If anyone is interested, you ca e-mail me and I will forward the information. This is working really well for us and saves us time and money and also cuts down on windshield time for our installers. Just think, 4 kitchens in a 14 ft. cube van. You can’t do that without A-frames.

Mory

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Mory,

Do these carts have a center shelf? Let’s say you have a bunch of 22 deep tops. Can you add a center shelf support so that you can stack some tops half way up the rack? The rack Pinske makes has the center shelf option

Hope I explained it good enough

Mory Ludwick

Andy,

No, they do not have a center shelf. That is something to think aabout. I am going to weld some carts up for ourselves and I will consider that. I’ll post some pictures when we are done with the first one.

Mory

KCWOOD

Here is my test run of my new fuel efficient delivery vehicle. Our trucks use too much fuel. I figure with the right racks, I can haul a 16′ countertops. Plenty of room for 2 installers and their tools, plus 38mpg.

[THB]Homedepot.jpg[/THB]

(Andy just kiddin… maybe not

A company that I’ve seen at many stone shows and seems to have an excellant array of material handling carts, a-frames etc… can be found at:

http://www.groves.com

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.