Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Len Smith

The last two shipments we have received from LG have both been damaged.  Both were delivered LTL, and it appears the shippers do not know how to handle solid surface.  Also, the material is not being protected prior to shipping so that LTL shippers won’t damage it.

We got one delivery last week at our shop in NC with two sheets damaged, and another delivery today in SoCal with three sheets damaged.
    Is anybody else having problems with shipper damage?
    Lenny E

What type of damage are you gentlemen seeing?

Chipped corners?

Cracked Sheets?

Sheet on top scratched?

Are they banded to a pallet?Are the sheets peel coated? Do they use corner protectors, edge protectors and a layer of di -wall cardboard on top to protect the sheets?

Are the truckers stacking other items on top of the SS pallets?

Just wondering.

Ken Dolph

Every shipment of LG I have gotten has had 1/2″ LDF top and bottom

Len Smith

Chipped and broken edges, mostly. They are banded to a pallet, and there is LDF on it. The damage we have seen looks more like forklift damage done by the shipper, not the mfgr.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea, I have noticed that independent shippers tend to damage the edges with the forklift. We just had a sheet of material snap in half due to that edge damage. The edge looked chipped and that was it, when we picked it up, the piece snapped. I guess that was a fracture across the entire sheet.

We were able to glue back together but that is not ideal and of coarse, once you accept it, it is yours to keep.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.