Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Chris vt

Wondering if anyone might have some vector artwork of marine corp sargent stripes and marine corp eagle globe and anchor badge they would be willing to share.I would be willing to trade images as well.I was also trying to find an image of a Huey or Cobra helicopter.This is a bit of a last minute project for friend.
    Thanks for any help.

KCWOOD

Chrisq…. I may can help you out. What exactly are you asking for,? prints, copies? A lot of artwork you can find on the web. I know a guy that has a lot of that material.

Chris vt

I need actual vector data like an EPS AI or DXF of the images I mentioned so I can engrave some corian.I have been searching the web for free stuff wtih little success any links would be welcome.We have a large data base of vector images just not what I need.Thanks for the help.

Tom M
    Chrisq,
    I can check my Corel disks. There are usually military vector based images, but I don’t know how accurate.

Tom

Chris vt

Thanks I would appreciate that.I can correct any flaws if you find something.I had Corel loaded for a long time I will try and find it there was a large library of images with that program.

Tom M
    Here is one site, but there is a subscription required.
    This is another.

Still looking for any that I might have.

Tom

Tom M
    there was a large library of images with that program

I remember, in particular, some great vector line art that included helicopters and artillary, but it doesn’t seem to be on version 9, which I have at work. I will check v. 12 when I get home, tonight.

Tom

Tom M
    At this site, you can buy by the image, it seems.

Tom

Chris vt

I have ver 7 and it appaers some of the files associated with it are not there for whatever reason.Thanks I will check out the links you posted.

Tom M
    Chrisq,
    Try these guys!
    Looks like thet may have it.

Tom

Tom M
    Here is a page showing rank insignias.
    If you need to have any raster images vectorized, I might be able to help, but I think Shane or Mory would be the best for scanning and tracing these.

Tom

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

The new Adobe Illustrator has a way to trace jpeg and tiff images and put them in vector format. Corel has a trace program but I don’t know how well it works.

Tom M
    Corel’s OCR Trace program is not bad, but works best with
    outline.
    Someone here has ArtCAM. I think that might be the best.

Tom

Chris vt

We have Artcam however I have found the results of the bitmap to vector function limited. In the past I have had the best success simply biulding my vectors on top of the bitmap image.Maybe I’m not setting up the trace function just right.I have posted on the Artcam forum before about what type of results I should expect from the trace command with few answers back.Perhaps I will post the question about the trace command there again.Thanks for all the timely responses much appreciated.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.